Grilling etiquette

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,515 times. The latest Post () was by serafina.

• Official Post

We are staying at a family friend's holiday apartment and before us, a relative of the owner was here. In the gas-fired kitchen there is a tray with burnt meat juices, in the grill compartment at the bottom of the appliance.

Is it supposed to stay dirty, since its sole purpose is to collect juices and never come in contact with food?

We don't want to pass for the guests who left the apartment dirty, but since the tray is dirty from at least 2-3 uses it will require a lot of scraping and scratching to become clean again.

I noticed that also our tenants left all the pans dirty when they left, and not dirty-in-the-sink, but dirty and stuffed in the oven. :/

So I am wondering what's the proper etiquette as far as grilling goes.

• Completely agree that the previous occupants were thoughtless slobs. You are wondering if it is now your job to clean up their mess, so it won’t look as if you left it. I’d suggest sending a light msg to the family friends who own the place, saying that you are enjoying their place immensely, but adding that the previous occupants had left the cooker in bad shape, and you had just avoided using it. But you don’t want anyone to feel apologetic, as you have had a perfectly grand time without it.

• It would have been okay if it had just been a parrilla grill....I never clean mine after making asado.

No excuses for pots, pans and oven trays though. Sure it wasn't a bunch of young ones who stayed there before you? That I could just about understand but not if it was adults.

• Official Post

Oh Rice, your message came in too late. Last night I spent a good half an hour scraping the enamel tray. My hand is still dry from the Cif I used!

The owner knows we don’t eat any meat and definitely do not use the ‘asadera’. Nonetheless, I didn’t want to look lazy or careless toward her apartment, given she lent the place for free and quite last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk