Commenting on The U.S. State-of-the-Union Speech February 5 2019

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,739 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Did anyone on this forum - or forum Guest/Visitor who is reading this - watch the U.S. State-of-the-Union Speech last night?

As an Administrator of a controversial Forum (Perilous-Journey.com), I have posted a short 'article of comment' regarding President Trump's

State-of-the-Union Speech, complete with a Rating Score!

Also a NEW POLL relative to same.

• CruiseJunki

Changed the title of the thread from “Commenting on The U.S. State-of-the-Union Speech February 4 2019” to “Commenting on The U.S. State-of-the-Union Speech February 5 2019”.
  • Were I a member of your other forum, CruiseJunki , I’d have to respond to your poll with “I didn’t watch.” This president so prolifically lies to the American public that I choose not to let my mind be further polluted.

As for grading his speech, I respectfully suggest that your A+ for pomp & circumstance might better be categorized as A+ for pomposity.

• Were I a member of your other forum, CruiseJunki , I’d have to respond to your poll with “I didn’t watch.” This president so prolifically lies to the American public that I choose not to let my mind be further polluted.

As for grading his speech, I respectfully suggest that your A+ for pomp & circumstance might better be categorized as A+ for pomposity.

'Were I a member of your other forum'..... '

ALL Guests and Visitors are encouraged to VOTE in the POLLS offered by Perilous-Journey.com

Membership requirement in the Forum is NOT necessary in order to vote in any poll (unless it may be of a sensitive nature, e.g. not open to persons under 18);

nor is it necessary to be a Forum Member in order to make a new post or to reply to a post already started by someone else.

• Just participated in your poll. Thanks!

Many thanks, Rice!

However, circumstances which have developed recently have made it "legally advisable" for Perilous-Journey.com Forum to REQUIRE ALL GUESTS of the forum to become REGISTERED FORUM MEMBERS before entering into, and participating in, the many forum categories which are available.

On the advice of my Moderator however, I have personally set the "forum permissions" to allow every Forum Member to DELETE their own account if they wish to do so. There are NO restrictions levied on the registered forum member in this regard.

• Odd.

The whole post content or a certain part?

Further explanation on my part is probably due for the sake of clarity.

However, circumstances which have developed recently have made it "legally advisable" for Perilous-Journey.com Forum to REQUIRE ALL GUESTS of the forum to become REGISTERED FORUM MEMBERS before entering into, and participating in, the many forum categories which are available.

The 'circumstances' comment: There are Categories / Forums / Posts on Perilous-Journey.com which are not suitable for viewing by persons under age 18.

Additionally, the "content" of those certain Categories and the Posts made within them are strictly adult content in nature.

Requiring Forum Membership - verses an "open forum" - is the best way to ensure that a record is established of all individuals visiting, commenting, and making posts on the forum. It also offers an advantage from the standpoint that either the Forum Admin or Mod will have the ability to ban those individuals who don't belong on the forum - either because they are trouble makers or because they are under legal age.

On the advice of my Moderator however, I have personally set the "forum permissions" to allow every Forum Member to DELETE their own account if they wish to do so. There are NO restrictions levied on the registered forum member in this regard.

This is a different issue from the above; and the decision to make it possible for Forum Members to delete their own membership account if they so desire is totally unrelated to the "adult content issue".

I have long held the opinion that Registered Forum Members should have the ability to DELETE their own Membership Account.

There is no logical reason why they should be denied that right.

My Forum Moderator - who is also a personal friend since 2007 - agrees with me on this issue;

and he suggested that voluntary deletion of one's forum account be one of the options preset in "Permissions".