A no-deal Brexit may be on the cards

There are 104 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 26,441 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• There's no doubt the UK is now a test.

If things go wrong, the other major nations will know its best to stay in the EU. If its paradise of independent trade that some leave campaigners promised, then some countries may be looking for the Frexit or Grexit. Also, for all the grandstanding about no way back for the UK, if it goes wrong and the UK wants back in (I am talking a decade or more from now), the country would be welcomed back.

As with everything else, it will probably fall somewhere in between and the world will simply go on.

Having said all that, I share Splinter's view and think it was a vote built on unfounded national pride and could have used some cool heads. For me, it showed democracy in action perfectly, but also highlighted why democracy is not the final form of governance many think it to be.

• EU contribution

When you look at these numbers you realize that EU is doomed!!!!

Taking away the second biggest contributor.....my question is this: who will now pay this part????? Take a guess!!!!

Imagine a expat gathering under same conditions.......doubt the ones on the top of the list would be encouraged to make events often!!!!

What is even worse: the third biggest contributor, France, is in serious financial dire......

Macron is pushing Germany for more support but refuses to make any changes or restructuring in France.......

How brexit will end, whether good or bad for GB, who knows.....