Argentina elections 2019

There are 651 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 127,647 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Official Post

Who wouldn’t prefer lunch over paid parking?

Of all the areas of the northern barrios, you’d think Tigre would have plenty of free parking. Do traitors have some kind of legal basis for moving into streets and extorting drivers, who fear damage to their cars if they don’t cough up the demanded pesos?

They don’t outright blackmail you, but they can be aggressive. And once you’ve turned your back to them, leaving your car there with an angry local ‘trapito’, who knows what could happen!

I don’t like paid parking, but what I loathe is parking that is paid only in peak times. That really drives me nuts!

For example, in my area, parking is free. By regulation, it shouldn’t be possible to park on calles used by buses. So they have installed nice, new, shiny signs of NO PARKING. We park exactly under the sign because there is no other place to park. Now they are going to take away the sign and put paid parking? I don’t know but it sounds incoherent, to say the littlest.

Anyway, on Friday and Saturday nights, when the nightlife is at its highest, we have a trapito. And he pretends to be paid even if you are a resident (no preferential treatment, he is a fair man!) and even if you are going to leave your car there even after he has left.

So, now we are avoiding to go out by car on weekends night because we have to pay the guy. Luckily, our block is still fairly calm and so this man has ‘claimed’ several blocks, so he cannot cover all of them by himself and you can still fool him by parking around the corner while he is ‘busy’ at the other end of the block.

But it is another nuisance in our daily life. Do we really need that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• extortion, period!!!

It's not a freely paid handout....

As serafina say, they damage the cars!

Try and look how many cars have small dents on the side, say size of maybe 2-5 cm...... explain me how u cause an accident like that!!!!!!

Or the usual one, scratching the car with a key.

Actually the trapito story is a self inflicted story...... imagine NO ONE would give any of them a dime.....how long u think that they would be there????

To be honest I find the people giving

Them money terrible.....they are supporting this whole thing.......also the nonchalant way, "here you are, I can afford it".....

• On our plaza there are 3 restaurants and a big church, so many people need to park. Every time there is an event at the church, trapitos drape ropes across the few parking places, forcing everyone going to the church or the restaurants to park elsewhere if they don’t pony up the bribe.

Trapitos are one of the many reasons we’re never tempted to have a car.

• winner of today's debate, of talking the most stuff without any sense or with any connection to anything goes to:

LAVAGNA .....

my god, the guy is totally lost, including blackout similar to Maradona on coke.....

• We have to pay for parking here in and around the town centre. Not a problem as far as I'm concerned as car ownership is rising at a dramatic rate making parking a nightmare. The charges aren't that great and gives people a job.

What's needed of course is an edge of town retail park but the council seem to think it's 1919 not 2019.

• Official Post

winner of today's debate, of talking the most stuff without any sense or with any connection to anything goes to:

LAVAGNA .....

my god, the guy is totally lost, including blackout similar to Maradona on coke.....

I missed it, but the consensus seems to be that Macri came out on top.

But how will it affect Sunday's vote? Macri wants to go to a second round (ballotage) and I'm wondering if that's now a possibility.

• Official Post

How would the decision be made, to go to a ballotage? Would F/F agree?

The ballotage happens when the candidate who got the most votes has less than 45% or when he has not a striking majority as detailed below.

Los artículos 97 y 98 de la Constitución establecen que un presidente asume su cargo cuando su fórmula ha obtenido más del 45% de los votos afirmativos o por lo menos el 40% de los votos y una diferencia porcentual mayor a 10 puntos con respecto a la fórmula que le sigue en cantidad de votos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I totally agree.....

I remember back in time during my work in an American bank, we went through a lot of rhetoric speech training...... rhetoric wise mm was not to beat by any of the others......first of all the small speech each time need to have a point.....Lavagna totally lost, no idea what to talk about and how to build up the argumentation. Cano, let's forget him..... doesn't make sense to comment.......in any other country in the world he would not come so far as to a PRESIDENTIAL debate, scary!!!. As populist Centurion and Espert was, they really put some very nice hardliner facts on the table and ways to deal with them!

The rhetoric of Alberto so cheap, as Splinter commented earlier.....like a cheap car salesman. Him pausing, then looking up and raising his eyebrows and pointing his finger, looks so imitated and teached by a first lesson rhetoric teacher. I cannot stand his face combined with this cheap acting!!!! MM was in my opinion rhetoric wise all the time the best, both in debates and in any public speech in general......the guy seems to actually could address a first world civilized country........which then again does not have any value here!!!!!

If we would put top 100 world leaders and wanna be leaders together with all of the 6, I guess they would end up in bottom 10%!

Btw, if I was a computer freak and knew how to mix clips together, I would make a clip with Cano asking for one minute silence for Ecuador, then with the clip of Lavagna silence and Maradonas totally loss of words in an earlier interview...... hahaha.....

• ohhhh god........

Look at his laugh....

I'm sorry if I hurt someones feelings......I just cannot stand these type of relations....mid age, not to beautiful, men, coupling with way younger girls......so pathetic, from both sides!!!!!

And in most cases doesn't end well.....

Look at the one armed bandit....... exactly same story.

Maybe he was looking for a more raw domina relation with cfk......