Argentina elections 2019

There are 651 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 128,238 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Splinter touched on something too. Macri has dragged down many of his political supporters. Vidal has been discussed as a major bright part of Argentine politics for the future and she got demolished last night. Sure the province is a bit of a poisoned chalice, but I can't help but think she was hit hardest by association with Macri.

• I am mourning the Republic. Next step, Venezuela. You foreigners better go back to your countries. Unfortunately I cannot.

Carlos, we are in same boat.......I'm not leaving anywhere.....the mother of my daughter don't wanna go anywhere, and I'm staying with my daughter!

I guess many expats here are in a similar situation.....they cannot just leave!

We will hang in there.....if you and so many other managed, we will manage too!!! But it's gonna be hard......just spoke with several friends from here, really seriously worried about the uprising that could come! Again, best would really be if MM left BEFORE the nasty stuff starts.....

• Official Post

......just spoke with several friends from here, really seriously worried about the uprising that could come! Again, best would really be if MM left BEFORE the nasty stuff starts.....

Would you mind elaborating, @JAN ?

In many senses, he's lost the mandate to govern, but then he never had a huge majority in the first place. Leaving before his term is up would be a serious mistake.

• Would you mind elaborating, @JAN ?

In many senses, he's lost the mandate to govern, but then he never had a huge majority in the first place. Leaving before his term is up would be a serious mistake.

I agree.

And regaridng leaving Argentina. I would only do that if it got to Venezuela levels. Economically I am always seperated from what's going on here because I earn in Dollars. It's the other aspects of life here that I am more concerned about and while things have improved under Macri the differences are not that extreme. If that were to change I would take my family to another Spanish speaking country (for their sake) and hope that stability comes back to Argentina.

Let's be clear, that's a worst case scenario and at no point under Cristina's government did I consider that. She was bad and it was bad, but not drastically different to now.

• Splinter ...

Like you say he has lost his mandate.....I don't think it's right for him to continue, even that he has a few months more!!!

The chance of him winning in the election is basically zero I would say! The people have spoken, (incl the vagos that didn't get out of bed and vote).

With staying in power he could actually provoke big trouble in my opinion.....trouble I think we don't wanna see.....No need to put people at risk! (Security forces and and and).

Years ago an old friend of mine from here, an old militar, told me what was upcoming.....and it wasn't nice his predictions......took longer than expected, but I see the writing on the wall!

The opposition was always in believe they were still in power last 4 years......now they basically have an official confirmation......... knowing how braindead many of them are, I can calculate myself the outcome!!!

• Official Post

I'm sorry Jan, but you're copping out here and not answering the question.

By staying in power he could provoke what, exactly?

• I hate to say it, but Adri (she's an accountant and knows a thing or two) says she was better off under the K regime, financially.

Everybody basically was, including me......but on borrowed time!!!!!

• Splinter

Let's see......

Those people have no limits!!!!

I would put a bet on that MM is leaving before his time is up.....

Anyone taking the counterpart?

(Freely or with rushing the election)

• And let's not forget. What happened yesterday was not a binding result. I think an uprising now would harm their cause and give Macri more chance of winning in October. I mean I would bet with you @JAN but that is meaningless on a forum. I will just say I disagree and we will see who is correct in October.

It would be political suicide if he bailed now, also for all his political supporters.

• Why an uprising now. They are riding a crest of a wave and according to most are assured victory in October. What would be the point in "uprising" and forcing Macri out? It's two months.

They are not like you and me......

They don't think same way......

They are not thinking rational....

• And let's not forget. What happened yesterday was not a binding result. I think an uprising now would harm their cause and give Macri more chance of winning in October. I mean I would bet with you @JAN but that is meaningless on a forum. I will just say I disagree and we will see who is correct in October.

It would be political suicide if he bailed now, also for all his political supporters.

Ok we bet a good bottle wine.....

My side: Macri leaves before term, one or another way.......your side the opposite!!!

• This here, is not going to happen @JAN

I don't think will happen like that.

Anyway think about if you were MM.....

What would you do?

What does he had to gain by staying a few months more????? Nothing!

Still I never understood what was in it for him, (already loaded, well off, intelligent guy). Maybe I don't want to know!!!!

What was in it for the former government was pretty clear......

I always admired him for being an intelligent guy......maybe not nice or with charisma.....but intelligent!

An intelligent guy would throw in the towel......