Argentina elections 2019

There are 651 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 127,643 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• The last couple of days I got the feeling that mm and his team are getting closer to a possible victory in November.......seems like the kkukas are getting totally frantic at the moment, accusing the government of fraud, and that even before the election! It's like they are are preparing the explanation to their loss. Also the constant accusations of mm trolling in the internet and so on. I have not noticed more or less trolling from any of the sides! On top of that, reading our beloved lawyers comments, which are getting more and more bizzare..... and how is that really possible?????

Are we witnessing an incoming surprise overwhelming victory of sanity????

Imagine if mm would get 45% tomorrow, which seems unrealistic though......man I would party as hart as possible for a week hahahaha....

Anyway....my crystal ball tells me, if not tomorrow, then in November!

Its funny, like I read, the financial markets have already chosen a winner.....hope it's true!!!!

• Official Post

The Economist thinks the same, in that the FF/KK rabble are trotting out the same old, same old. They also posit that a narrow victory for the Kuckas tomorrow would spell a victory for Ingeniero Macri in November because it would cause a rebound in his favour in November.

That could be wishful thinking on Duran 'Rasputin' Barba's part, but for me, I've always said that Mauri would win at the general election and I stand by that affirmation.

• Yea, funny if u look back 4 years.....same happened...mm wasn't real that clear winner at the paso, but ended up as winner in the final!

Seems like every time the opposition open their mouth, they lose votes to mm!

Anyway, I'm even more hopefull.......that tomorrow could end up giving mm a surprising lead already!!!! Beer is in fridge!!!!:)

• Official Post

Yea, funny if u look back 4 years.....same happened...mm wasn't real that clear winner at the paso, but ended up as winner in the final!

Seems like every time the opposition open their mouth, they lose votes to mm!

Anyway, I'm even more hopefull.......that tomorrow could end up giving mm a surprising lead already!!!! Beer is in fridge!!!!:)

Why stop at beer?

• Uf Macri wins, we shall have another 4 years of progress. Many seeds have been planted; Cargo Raiways, New routes, Shale Gas, Solar and wind energy, attacks to the maffia and drug dealers.

And the best, finally peronism will be buried.

• Carlos, I prey for it!!! I have a young daughter, and really hope for her that she can grow up in a more stable and civilized society! She is so young, 4,5 years, top patriotic, always screaming AAARGENTINA, when she see an Argentinian flag or symbol ^^.......I really hope for her that she will not be disappointed later on....!

As you say in your posts, the seeds for the whole process have been planted......it would be so sad to need to cancel the trip into modern world, and go back to bananarama!

• Totally agreed. I also have 2 sons and 13 grandchildren. Since my childhood I grew up surrounded by siblings who were young in 1910 and they told me that Argentina was a great and rich country. But my real experience since that time was totally opposed.

Now I see the possibility of a real change, and we can share this enthusiam with you and your children as well.

I imagine your young children in 2029, when she will be a teenager , surrounded by a country plenty of possibilities to young people.

As William Shakespeare said "All is well that ends well!"

• Yeah that would be nice!!!!

It's so funny, I have NEVER been patriotic in my whole life, either to my birth country, my country of heart, or other of the countries I have lived in...... actually always on the other side in the Worldcup hahaha.....whatever it was Germany or Holland or whatever.......but funny enough now with my daughter I have become totally patriotic because of her being so proud ! Pleeeeaaase Argentina, don't disappoint her......I wanna celebrate Argentinian events and conquests, together with her, and not try to explain the shortcomings.......let's cross our fingers.....!

• Other thing that I appreciate a lot is the old relationship we had with the anglo saxon countries. They had complementary economies with us, and this relationship functioned very well from 1860 to 1950. Then grew in the populace the idea that this enormous technical and financial su´pport was a form of outdated colonialism. The real fact is that when we were well related, Argentina was the first country in Latin America, in wealth, social mobility and welfare. Only the US surpassed us, because of its great power.

I think that if Macri wins, this will be restored.

• Elections now open for hours.....still no denuncia of fraud ....what's going on???

Hahahaha

I already have the headlines:

"Young voter denied voting for being gay"

"Mysteries car moving boxes close to school"

"Terror alarm in matanza, pro uses every trick"

"Extreme incoming transit on boarder to Brazil, Bolsonaro send his help"

Anyone in for other possible headlines?????

• Official Post

I just voted for the very first time! It is a completely different way to vote compared to my home country’s voting system.
    For starter, you have to enroll to vote (which I did a while ago), then you have to check you have been actually enrolled (!).

At the voting desk there is a book/registry with the name of registered voters *with pictures* of voters! I was the only one with no picture (!) but it was not an issue.

This page describes step by step what the voting looks like - pretty permissive!

https://www.cippec.org/especia…aber-antes-de-ir-a-votar/

After voting I was given a slip to attest I cast my vote.

I must admit that this ‘boleta’ thing is quite overwhelming. I understand in Spain the vote the same way. Is it done to allow illiterate people to vote?

The ‘boleta’ is a long leaflet with pictures of candidates, their party logo and their name.
    You simply pick the boleta you want, fold it, and put it into the envelop.

However, not all parties have candidates for all offices and you can combine: for example you can pick Candidate A from party X for president and Candidate B from party Y as governor of the city of Buenos Aires.

But if you mix it up wrongly (I.e. you express two preferences for the same office), your vote is invalid.

Also, it was not clear what to do with the remaining unused part of the boleta (after you cut out your candidate). Should it be left there? Thrashed? Taken with you?

I’ll have to prepare better for the October voting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Don't believe in complicating things is a good thing......but in this case I think yes, it makes sense!!!! It's like a multiple choice test before being allowed to vote!!!!

Hahahaha.....I guess a few voters are left along..... probably mainly from one side....

Also the, "I don't give a damn" are left out ....again, probably same camp the majority!

Imagine, in Finland you can cast your vote in the supermarket......at the same time as buying a six-pack and a bottle of whiskey!!!

:D

Anyway, back in time, the '80 and '90, it wouldn't have been a good thing......I remember my good old days in Finland, one of my favorite countries, where I have been coming all my life, there was a strict alcohol ban, even on normal days after a certain time......also the alcohol could only be bought through specialized shops , "ALKO".......the finns are notorious drinkers and crazy, that's maybe why I like them so much! Hahahaha

• Official Post

I remember my good old days in Finland, one of my favorite countries, where I have been coming all my life, there was a strict alcohol ban, even on normal days after a certain time......also the alcohol could only be bought through specialized shops , "ALKO".......the finns are notorious drinkers and crazy, that's maybe why I like them so much! Hahahaha

I think Sweden also has a similar alcohol policy, but you can find alcohol in international hotel bar (however it is utterly expensive, you cannot drink alcohol casually like we do here). On Friday night, however, people were lining up outside the booze store to buy bottles and bottles of booze... that later emptied, drinking directly from the bottle while walking on the street (!). I went to Sweden thinking to get a taste of a superior culture, but after seeing so many drunk men (and I mean average men, not drunkards nor homeless) thrown on the sidewalk, so drunk to be unable to walk, I had to reconsider (I now think they are oppressed by so many 'civilized' rules, a little like the Germans).

One night I saw a terrible scene, which is still burnt into my visual memory...

It wasn't very late, maybe 9-10PM and I was waiting for the bus in Stockholm. There were other people waiting for the bus, and at the bus stop, lying on the floor, this man in his 50-60s, completely out. Next to him was his wife, trying to get him up since the bus was approaching, but the man was a big man, and the lady was a tiny woman. So a group of local punks (I mean proper punks with the mohawk in accented colors, black leather jacked with metal inserts all over, etc), tried to help the lady lift the husband from the sidewalk (they are Swedes, after all, so well behaved).

But the bus driver had a schedule to keep and he didn't want to wait for the group to load the drunk men on board, so he shout out something in Swedish, the wife boarded the bus, the punks and me as well, and the man spent the night at the bus stop.

So much for the most advanced civilization!

• ......the finns are notorious drinkers and crazy, that's maybe why I like them so much! Hahahaha

Yes they are especially the further north you go in the country. I was cycling near Rovaniemi and pitched my tent in an idyllically quiet spot only to be disturbed by a bunch of fishermen who spent the night boozing and singing before fighting among themselves. Never got dark which didn't help.