Argentina elections 2019

There are 651 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 127,864 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Silly beggar...

For a start everyone knew number 11 was never going to happen without some dodgy intervention. I'm sure the new man will sort something out....he knows someone who's good at fixing inflation figures. :rolleyes:

What this country needs is a bloody miracle.

• This is so depressing. Why don’t elected officials do whatever it takes to fulfill their promises?

We do need a miracle here.

Because living at Martha's vineyard is just sooooo nice......

:)

Wonder how many soup kitchens u could open for the price of a mansion there........or how many health care plans for hobos from Chicago u could finance.......

But who cares!!!!

• Official Post

From the BA Times article 'Cristina is back, on steroids'

Last week, Cristina dynamited that pleasant illusion. She did so by taking full advantage of a day in court to mount a furious attack against much of the Judiciary, most of the media and her political foes starting with Macri. The judges who wanted to question her about the industrial-scale looting that went on when she occupied the Pink House could hardly get a word in. Her face contorted with anger, she let them know that she had already been absolved by history (just as many years ago Fidel Castro had predicted he would be) and that it was her accusers who were now on trial. As for Alberto, unfazed by Cristina’s insinuation that he too should be put in the dock, he said her defence had been simply “marvellous, impeccable.”

I don't understand how the judges weren't able to get a word in. In any country of the world, disrespecting the court means to be held in contempt. I suppose they cannot do it because she is a Senator and has immunity ?

• I don’t understand tat either! Does immunity for prosecution extend to a blank check for ignoring every law and norm? If she can’t be prosecuted for contempt of court, does that mean she can’t even BE in contempt of court, even if she leaps up and strips naked?

• Official Post

[...] Cristina finally graced the tribunal with her presence, going on a four-hour rant that included thinly-veiled threats against the sitting judges and several other members of the federal justice system that operates out of Comodoro Py courthouse. In a violent and defiant tone, she accused the tribunal of having already decided her fate, calling it a “lawfare court” that responded to the Macri administration’s necessity of framing Néstor Kirchner as nothing more than a thief in order to impose neoliberal economic policies that have led to the return of the International Monetary Fund. “I’ve been acquitted by history, and history will condemn you,” a frantic Cristina screamed as she pointed her index finger at the judges, to the roar of her followers.

“The Judiciary that Macri used to persecute Cristina will go after him,” Fernández said about the case, revealing what their relationship will be with the federal justice. Fernández de Kirchner has already insulted the tribunal and told them she does not care about the final outcome of the trial against her, while Alberto indicated that the courts will turn against Macri and his officials. The same corrupt justice system that was subservient to the Kirchners during their glory days, and which vehemently went after Kirchnerite corruption under Macri, will most probably favour Cristina once she assumes the Vice-Presidency. Already several judges have ruled in their favour, granting ‘K’ businessmen like Cristobal López the benefit of home arrest, while overturning several rulings in key corruption cases. Obviously, Mrs. Fernández de Kirchner won’t complain when the same judges become obedient and diligently target Macri and his ministers in the years to come.

This is another piece on the account, always from the BA Times. I don't really understand how is it possible to hold such behavior on a court of law and how this could be tolerated. I guess it wouldn't work the same if it was one of us...

• seems like the judges are fully immune!

F.ex. the one judge Oyarbide was proven guilty in taking bribes, misleading, using fake evidence, releasing people in return for payment etc etc etc.......nothing happened to that guy!!!! Imagine all the cases he have ruled..... nobody would know which one are true or which are fake. So absurd! If I was sentenced by such a judge I would clearly make a claim afterwards, or?