The Trump reality show

There are 927 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 142,867 times. The latest Post () was by SpaceNut.

• Official Post

This is without doubt the most accurate description of Trump that I have ever read and I hope he reads it too.

• I remembered seeing this letter a few years back. Also confused about the author, I consulted snopes.com, my favorite internet true/false source. It seems the origin is even more convoluted:

“While the author of the opening paragraph is still uncertain, the majority of this text was written by Aldous J Pennyfarthing, the pen name for author Tom Breuer, and was originally published on the Daily Kos in 2017. This open letter was subsequently published in Pennyfarthing’s 2018 book Dear F*cking Lunatic: 101 Obscenely Rude Letters to Donald Trump.”

• Official Post

After just 48 hours in hospital, Trump has left for the WH, takes off his mask and vows to carry on with his debate as if nothing has happened to him, in spite of the fact that he has tested positive and is showing symptoms.

Most patients in this condition would be isolated for an extended period, but not this clown.

• Official Post

The recovery rate is huge compared to the fatality rate. I suggest that is his point.

I would say that right enough. I still think the world is making a mountain out of a molehill with this ruddy virus.

The whole point is that he is either trying to play down the virus and show everyone how tough and macho he is or he is being thoroughly irresponsible and/or both.

• The whole point is that he is either trying to play down the virus and show everyone how tough and macho he is or he is being thoroughly irresponsible and/or both.

I couldn't care less what he's trying to prove.

I personally think it's about time the world got back to normal and stopped overeacting to a virus which has dire consequences on a very small percentage of the worlds population. Isolate those most at risk and let the majority of us get back to normal living.

• I couldn't care less what he's trying to prove.

I personally think it's about time the world got back to normal and stopped overeacting to a virus which has dire consequences on a very small percentage of the worlds population. Isolate those most at risk and let the majority of us get back to normal living.

Where’s the cutoff, what percentage are most at risk? Maybe isolate the 20% of people most at risk? We know from this forum you smoke, so even if your plan to get back to normal living happened, you would still be in lockdown as a smoker who is over 60. In other words, you yourself would not be “the majority of us”.

That said, I agree with your wider point, to an extent. Clearly some very bad decisions were made when all this started and many of us were questioning at the start if a full lockdown was the answer. Six months on and there’s no definitive evidence that it was.

• UK Man , being the President of the USA does not give him the right to endanger the life of people who work for him or who give him service or have to have a debate with him.

If he was infected , he as to quarantine - its as simple as that.

I would also think we should be told when his first positive test was diagnosed....

If he was involved in a not too elaborate hoax to boost his poll ratings , we should all be told !

• I say again I don't get my knickers in a twist over what he does...he's a showman. I'm more concerned about things which affect me directly, especially financially and we get enough of that here.

Is there a quarantine law in the US? If he's broken the law then something should be done about it.....that goes without saying.

• Official Post

I say again I don't get my knickers in a twist over what he does...he's a showman. I'm more concerned about things which affect me directly, especially financially and we get enough of that here.

Is there a quarantine law in the US? If he's broken the law then something should be done about it.....that goes without saying.

So it doesn't affect you? That's not the point if you look at the bigger picture of a president flouting every piece of medical advice available.

As the title of the thread shows, he really does live in his own reality show and it's showmanship like this that makes him look like an irresponsible clown.

• So it doesn't affect you? That's not the point if you look at the bigger picture of a president flouting every piece of medical advice available.

As the title of the thread shows, he really does live in his own reality show and it's showmanship like this that makes him look like an irresponsible clown.

Hardly a surprise though.

• A Tale of Two Campaigns.

Stanford researchers blame Trump campaign rallies for an estimated 700 coronavirus deaths

As President Trump holds a string of rallies across the country in the final days of the presidential campaign, Stanford researchers released a study that found that earlier presidential campaign gatherings accounted for 30,000 additional cases of the coronavirus and may have led to 700 deaths.

The study from the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research looked at the number of coronavirus cases and deaths in the weeks after Trump held 18 large campaign rallies between June 20 and Sept. 22.

“The communities in which Trump rallies took place paid a high price in terms of disease and death,” said the study by B. Douglas Bernheim, a Stanford economics professor who conducted the research with three doctoral students. It was released late Friday to two scholarly websites.

“When this went viral, I was honestly kind of shocked,” he told The Chronicle. “It might be my naivete, but we didn’t put out a press release, Stanford didn’t put out a press release. I just started getting calls this morning.”

The Biden campaign quickly seized on the study as evidence that Trump’s rallies have been reckless super-spreader events that have endangered not only the tens of thousands of attendees, but also the communities where they were held. Bernheim noted that the deaths aren’t only of people who attended the rallies, but include those who may have been infected by those who attended.

“The same president whose disastrously mismanaged response has failed our nation for eight months, who dismissed thousands of deaths by saying ‘it is what it is,’ and whose administration privately told Wall Street the truth about this outbreak while lying to the American people for his own optics not only has no plan to defeat the pandemic — he’s even costing hundreds of lives and sparking thousands of cases with super-spreader rallies that only serve his own ego,” said Andrew Bates, a Biden campaign spokesman.

The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment but has repeatedly defended the rallies as constitutionally protected free speech. The campaign events regularly draw thousands of supporters, many of whom spurn health experts’ recommendations for social distancing and mask requirements.

The study’s finding also support public health experts’ warnings about the dangers of large public events, including political rallies, “particularly when the degree of compliance with guidelines concerning the use of masks and social distancing is low.”

The researchers collected and analyzed coronavirus statistics in counties where 18 Trump rallies were held, only three of them indoors. They said the research was challenging because of the changing nature of COVID-19 and how its impacts on different counties vary. To account for those problems, they compared their findings in each county where a rally took place to a comparable county that didn’t have a Trump rally.

The United States reported a record of new coronavirus cases — nearly 100,000 — on Thursday and most states, but particularly those in the Midwest, are reporting explosive growth in local outbreaks. California cases also have started to climb, particularly in several Southern California counties including Los Angeles. Statewide, average daily cases have increased about 38% since Oct. 15, from about 8 cases per 100,000 residents to 11 per 100,000.

Meanwhile, the Trump and Biden campaigns have ramped up their activity, with both candidates barnstorming through battleground states. But the Trump campaign continued to hold mass public rallies while the Biden campaign holds smaller events, many with participants confined to their cars.

• For all on this forum who have experienced the exasperation of deliberate traffic blocking by Argentine demonstrations, I wonder how you might feel about the same tactic being employed by trump backers on interstate highways from Marin County, CA to New York and New Jersey?

Video Shows Trump Supporters Blocking Highways and Streets

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/elections/100000007429725/trump-highway-caravans.html?referringSource=articleShare

• Part of me wants the Trumptard to lose in landslide............. The other part lets him win, as the Democrat's take the House and Senate and Impeachment proceeding begin on Jan 3rd. On Jan 20 he's lead out of the WH in handcuffs. Moscow Mitch is removed and indited and Billy Barr is Impeached and disbarred. Then just to make the day complete Lindsey Graham joins a convent.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by clean end!