The Trump reality show

There are 926 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 142,850 times. The latest Post () was by daniel.

• Rice .....

Nazi Germany with a mix of al Qaeda, and old slavery laws I think u mean.....

I thought those comparisons was limited to blabla_zero

• I leave you to draw your own conclusions, @JAN. All countries have low points in their histories. In the United States’ first 100 years, the Civil War was the low point. In its next 150 years, in terms of widespread corruption, divisiveness, meanness and abuse of power, this is it.

As he left the Constitutional Convention in 1787, Benjamin Franklin was asked “What, then, do we have? A monarchy or a republic?” To which he replied, “ A republic, if you can keep it.” Besides the Civil War, this is the only time the republic, with its balance of separate but equal branches, has been so threatened.

Leaders who amuse through their “refreshing” uncouth styles can also be dangerous. This is one.

• its a general opinion that a democracy is the absolute best for any country.......which is totally nonsense......

In an absolute democracy there are also losers and people that are being treated not correct, Argentina is an example!

Could it be that America have been living in a pseudo democracy, everything great, everyone happy, no black, no white, no differences and and and....

The civil war the low point ? Why?

Could be it was a point that needed to arrive for that the country could continue.

Trump is just a character......if it was not Trump, it would have been John Doe.........he is the front figure, but the power and the will is coming from his supporters.....

Have u followed Ukraine???? Some time ago, a huge comedian was elected new president.....a true clown.....he actually was known for interpretation of the former president and making fun of him.....

Also just a figure of the people......the people elected a clown, comedian........but that was what the country wanted!

I think that's a even crazier choice than Trump, so as our own 🤡 and queen here in Argentina!!!!!

• Could it be that America have been living in a pseudo democracy, everything great, everyone happy, no black, no white, no differences and and and....

Trump is just a character......if it was not Trump, it would have been John Doe.........he is the front figure, but the power and the will is coming from his supporters.....

the people elected a clown, comedian........but that was what the country wanted!

You always raise some good points, @JAN . The people are the ones responsible for electing leaders, whether good or corrupt. And actually, that was the point I meant to make in my last post: that the American voters remind me of the German people in 1993.

When as students, we studied that dark period of German history, I never EVER thought the USA would tolerate a situation with citizens embracing a strongman and allowing him to run roughshod over our values, our constitution, and the truth.

It is the American citizens, not the particular leader, who remind me of their 1930’s German counterparts. It is the people who are to blame for poor government, whether in Argentina, Venezuela, Russia or the USA.

• Official Post

Attorney general Barr says he can't do his job whilst being undercut by Trump's tweets, not to mention Trump's interference in his friend Roger Stone's conviction, leading to the resignation of four prosecutors and the revelation that Trump admits sending his personal lawyer, Rudy Guiliani to Ukraine in order to dig up dirt on Joe Biden, having denied the fact in his impeachment trial.

Holding Trump to account for his actions is proving almost impossible, because he simply walks all over the laws as if they were simply shit on his shoe.

• So why would BaBa Barr complain about his orange faced boss then?

It might be that he was acting on his boss’s earlier private instruction to interfere with the sentencing of Roger Stone; having done so, he then had to pretend to be surprised at the boss’s ex post facto tweets about same.

Whatever the case, the truth will undoubtedly come out.

• Not so, UK Man . Yesterday “his” attorney general intervened in the sentencing phase of the president’s henchman Roger Stone, prompting the resignation from the case of 4 prosecutors.

Having bullied the republican legislators into submission, erasing the line of separation of powers between the executive branch and the legislative branch, he is also breaching the formerly sacred separation of powers between the executive and judicial branches. For those who have seen how the K’s did this in Argentina, this takeover should look familiar.

I’ve been thinking of the obvious analogy with Germany too, but in 1933, not 2020.

He's tinkering with the Big Stuff and it is extremely dangerous. The Justice Dept and the Supreme Court and the Military are BIG STUFF. And Trump does't have the mental horsepower to manage his own hip shots. It's a Dotard.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by clean end!