Returnable Coke Bottles

There are 22 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,413 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

Unfortunately, cheaper production means also poorer quality control.

When I used to work in the Engineering field, China-based production had such a bad reputation. My boss refused to use manufacturers with plants in China after one worker died because of a valve explosion at another site.

It all boils down to ethics - some people simply don't have it and when the hosting country doesn't hold accountable those lacking of proper quality controls, there is really no drive to raise standards.

• I'm no Coke connoisseur but have never noticed any difference in taste in all the forms it comes in.

Trouble with Coke in those larger bottles is, it starts to deteriorate as soon as you open it so if you can't finish it it's a waste.

• Trouble with Coke in those larger bottles is, it starts to deteriorate as soon as you open it so if you can't finish it it's a waste.

So true. We had some company who prefer Coke to wine. Thinking ahead, we bought three 1.25 L bottles instead of the 3 L bottle, as we wanted to have plenty - - but in case only a liter was used, there wouldn’t be most of a gigantic bottle of flat Coke to throw out.

The next day, we found that some helpful soul had opened all 3 bottles. Flat as a sheet of wrapping paper. Next time we will buy individual small bottles.