BuenosAires International Jazz Festival

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,230 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

No way! It is so annoying as they just play riffs over and over. Apparently other people in the building complained, but not much for the music, but of the joint smell in the hallway and the many bikes parked inside. Not to mention that the tenant is behind with his business expenses - apparently his father chips in from time to time.

If you are thinking about a teenager boy, you are wrong. I think the guy is about 40 years old and I saw he has a daughter (or niece?). I always meet him with other music friends, never alone. I am not sure if he actually lives downstairs or come here just to play jazz (since his piano is here).

• Not an ideal downstairs neighbor, serafina . Have you tried noise cancellation headphones?

Saturday night I awoke about 2:30 am, as wildly amplified music assaulted my dreams and my ears. Usually, loud music means 2-3 people sitting on a bench in the empty plaza with a boom box, but this time the noise continued until dawn. At some time after 4 am, I went out onto the balcony to try to locate the source. The plaza was empty, but there were 70’s-style disco lights flashing from a rooftop several buildings away; although there were no actual PEOPLE in evidence (perhaps they had already gone home?), the relentless racket continued to bombard the apartments of neighbors who would otherwise have been sleeping.

Perhaps it was the influence of recently watched Netflix series, but I was thinking about enrolling in sniper school. Not to target people, but to silence their machines.

• LOL! That's incredible. I have always envied people living in a square-facing building, but I guess this is the downside.

Besides, on the day before a strike, there are a lots of parties going on also here, with music until 3AM.

That's the spirit!

There is something really festive and enjoyable about the background music sounds when there are rooftop asados, balcony parties, and gatherings on the plaza itself. Up to a point. Three am, even two am would seem to be time to move the party indoors or to tamp down the music, out of courtesy to the neighbors, but there seems to be no sensitivity to that. Am I right in assuming there are no city noise ordinances?