Will Cristina Kirchner go to prison?

There are 58 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,606 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

This is aA question that has been asked endlessly since charges were brought against her, even when she was president and regardless of whether you think she may be guilty of the crimes she has been charged with and more importantly recently, the crimes she has been implicated in, but not charged with yet - she's not going anywhere without a fight.

Her election as senator last year was a lifesaver for her in much the same way that it has been for ex president Menem. But in my opinion, the immunity that comes with public office is an anachronism - a convenient shield to hide behind and nothing more, especially for the likes of CFK et al, who have no intention of improving the lives of others. Nothing but a charade in fact.

Yesterday Macri must have been furious, as the senate wasn't able to reach a quorum on whether to debate on a possible vote to have Kirchner's properties searched. Not only were too few Peronists (PJ) present, but also not enough senators from Cambiemos, the ruling party. And this is even before they get onto the subject of deciding whether to vote on having her immunity (desafuero) stripped from her.That in itself is the final goal of the judge/s and federal prosecutors, not to mention her enemies in both houses and of course the press, who have already passed sentence on her.

She should face trial yes. But will she?

So many times I've heard the opinion that she shouldn't. That it's more comfortable for Macri that she doesn't. That there will be social disorder on a massive scale if she is even stripped of her immunity and held pending a trial (read trials - plural). I cannot accept any of those positions and feel that it's about time the country woke up and took its responsibilities seriously, instead of protecting the guilty for politically judicious purposes.

Here's an article by James Neilson at the BA Times.

http://www.batimes.com.ar/news…t-protection-racket.phtml

• Official Post

In her ongoing trial today, CFK said she's not a friend of Lazaro Baez and never has been, in spite of the fact that Nestor Kirchner's tomb (mausoleum) was built by Austral - Baez's fronting company - and then gifted to CFK at a cost of AR$4 million. But he's not a friend. No, no, no.

During her four hours in court, she clearly relied on 'attack is the best form of defence' and will of course, continue to do so, such is her level of hubris, which must have sky-rocketed since her election as vice-president.

She also described the trial as lawfare, a word I'd never heard of before now, so thanks, CFK, for that. We all know about her excellent command of English, so It would have been interesting to hear her actually say that word.

It also transpires that she wouldn't answer any questions either and just put her arguments to the court instead, which begs the question...

Who's running the damn court, anyway? A bunch of lily-livered old men?

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/po…irchner-juicio-nid2311783

• its so absurd.......

People that deny they know people they have had as their main contractor in the hometown, governed by Alicia Kirchner, and in general all over in country , is just absurd!

But she also got away with denying knowing her second, third and all below, ministers and and and......

In princip she did know nothing of nothing.....

And of course thousands of pictures with her and all her under goons does also not prove anything......neither did the cuadernos........

Just sit back and drink your whiskey, don't try to understand!!!!

• But don’t you see? She is taking a page from tRump’s playbook, because it has worked for him.

A close business or gov’t associate is convicted? Hardly know him. He was just a coffee boy.

Lawfare? Witch hunt. Questions? Don’t answer.

Coming soon: lying, crooked media and fake news.

• Rice ......

I would prefer u refer to him as

T-Hunk according to pics we have of him.....

It's easy to look through ur love n hate relation with him.......u hate him because u can't have him and his muscular pumped body........ otherwise it would be love......

• Rice ......

U mentioned fake news etc....

Did u check up on this pic????

It's FAKE!!!! (Or digitally manipulated).

So your dislike of T-hunk you could have got stimulated by anti T-hunk propaganda!!!!

If I would post Obama as a monkey, eating bananas, I would be categorized as a racist and hater! Where is the difference????

• Huge difference. But you wouldn't get it.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by clean end!

• Official Post

This is aA question that has been asked endlessly since charges were brought against her, even when she was president and regardless of whether you think she may be guilty of the crimes she has been charged with and more importantly recently, the crimes she has been implicated in, but not charged with yet - she's not going anywhere without a fight.

These are the only bars she'll ever see!

casa-rosada-e1542888556458-768x432.jpg