Europe's population problem

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,074 times. The latest Post () was by Carlos.

• Official Post

More like 'Europe's Muslim problem', reading between the lines and yes, it appears to be an unstoppable force changing the faces of many nations.

I don't like it, never have and well remember last year when we stayed at a hotel in Fulham Broadway, London with the street and market being populated 100% by Muslims or other non white ethnics.

• More like 'Europe's Muslim problem', reading between the lines and yes, it appears to be an unstoppable force changing the faces of many nations.

I don't like it, never have and well remember last year when we stayed at a hotel in Fulham Broadway, London with the street and market being populated 100% by Muslims or other non white ethnics.

I don't like either. I visited the UK in 1964 and in 1980, and I have been told that things have changed. The UK that I eagerly admire seems to be only in my imagination. That perhaps I like to see "Downton Abbey" and "Upstairs, Downstairs" several times.

• I would be wary of identifying with any projections advanced by Mr. Levant, a well-known Canadian conspiracy theorist. His Rebel News has distinguished itself through antisemitic and anti-Muslim articles, denials of both climate change and the Holocaust, and enthusiastic coverage of the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, VA (proclaimed by mr. trump to have included some "very fine people").

Not to fall into an argumentum ad hominem, I nevertheless feel it is important to consider the source. While his comparisons of birth rates are verifiable, it cannot be said that Mr. Levant comes to his position with any pretense of academic impartiality.

• I was not acquainted about the antecedents of this person.

The only certain thing I believe is in my recent travel to Italy, in the public transport half of the people were clearly not italians, a type of person that I know very well, as I am a descendant. On the other hand, I could see the growing market of Pet's equipment to be used with cats and dogs. And this is because young married couples prefers to have pets than kids. They prefer waste their incomes in travels, leisures and so forth than having kids.

• I was not acquainted about the antecedents of this person.

The only certain thing I believe is in my recent travel to Italy, in the public transport half of the people were clearly not italians, a type of person that I know very well, as I am a descendant. On the other hand, I could see the growing market of Pet's equipment to be used with cats and dogs. And this is because young married couples prefers to have pets than kids. They prefer waste their incomes in travels, leisures and so forth than having kids.

... And meanwhile, their contemporaries have children who then waste their parents' incomes on travels, leisure and so forth! :D:scratchead::P

• To tell the truth, I also detected a certain resentment from the young people regarding the elders, who have good pensions and have enough money provided by the welfare state that grew in Italy between 1950 and 1990. Young people cannot find decent jobs, and this makes them very unconfortable. I even think (perhaps with some malicious thought) that young people are expecting the quick death of the elders, to occupy their current position.

Also, this perhaps is the reasons why young people do not like to have children. And this I understand as well.

• To tell the truth, I also detected a certain resentment from the young people regarding the elders, who have good pensions and have enough money provided by the welfare state that grew in Italy between 1950 and 1990. Young people cannot find decent jobs, and this makes them very unconfortable. I even think (perhaps with some malicious thought) that young people are expecting the quick death of the elders, to occupy their current position.

Also, this perhaps is the reasons why young people do not like to have children. And this I understand as well.

Perhaps the elders would be wise to let it be known to the younger family members, that upon death, all their worldly possessions will go to the Sisters of Charity. It is always less messy to avoid murder, when possible.

• Official Post

To tell the truth, I also detected a certain resentment from the young people regarding the elders, who have good pensions and have enough money provided by the welfare state that grew in Italy between 1950 and 1990.

My mother's retirement (100% state-provided) is more than what my engineer salary was.

I never had a normal work contract, whereas her first employment was also her last. She never had to apply for a job in her life (after the first one), she worked in a public hospital, so no risk of getting fired (unless you do something really epic, they just move you elsewhere). She had vacation days, maternity leave, sick leave. I had none of those.

We are resented, of course. People our parents' age are now in place of powers and aren't offering us the same working conditions and salaries they were offered back in their days.

---

Serafina is one spoiled cat, and among the reasons why I don't have any children is because I do not feel economically safe enough. This feeling is very subjective. Some people feel they are in a safe place with a lot less. Some people do not give it much thought and whatever come out of their womb, they will deal with it.

It wouldn't be fair to have children if I cannot offer them at least the same level of lifestyle I grew up with.

I am lucky enough to have choice because I am educated and I can take this decision. Most women are not and are forced to carry out pregnancies and get pregnant without even knowing how and why. When I see poor people here with many children, I feel sorry for them because they don't know any better.

In Italy, who was poorer had more children than rich families. When I look at my parents' families, the more educated had a reasonable number of children, 3-4. But on my mother' side they had 8-9 children each. They couldn't even remember as some died young, some were stillborn, and God knows how many abortions happened (natural or not) back then. Brotherhood and sisterhood was not a close bond, they just happened to live under the same roof. When I tried to get more details or try to talk about sentiment, they were too poor or just to many to develop strong bonds.

• Serafina wrote:

We are resented, of course. People our parents' age are now in place of powers and aren't offering us the same working conditions and salaries they were offered back in their days.

This means that I was nor erred in my observation.

But you are now in another country, and it seems that the future will be better. Therefore having children is possible. I have one son and one daughter, and now they give me 13 grandchildren.

Remember that talents are to be translated by inheritance. As I assume, you and your husband are proactive, intelligent persons. We need your descendants. There is much to do in Argentina, and we are out of the wars and problems that now Europe has to endure.