Visitor Visa

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,286 times. The latest Post () was by ksvisalaw.

• I have helped physicians obtain H1-B visas, but I believe visas for people in the hospitality and service industries would be completely different. If similar, I should tell you that the process stretched out for more than a year, and that was before the current administration.

I'd like to be more encouraging, but I'm afraid that my experiences were not unqualified positive ones. The physicians finally received visas, with sponsoring hospitals guaranteeing their incomes for a minimum of three years. Would a restaurant be able to do the same? My guess is that the rules would be different for a non-professional job.

• Official Post

People in your boyfriend' situation can go two routes: 1) avoid mentioning they have a US partner they are not married to. (which is basically lying to the US consular officer, not recommended) 2) state the truth and try to support as much as possible that they won't overstay their VISA and that they won't use it to look for work in the US. But it all boils down to the single Consulate official he will be speaking to, so it is really impossible to state 'if you do this, this, and this he will get a visa for sure'.

If he has a second citizenship, such from a EU country, then he can apply online for a ESTA visa, instead.

Your case seems very unfortunate. I would do the following: if you are staying at your parents, have them write a letter stating that they will be accommodating the both of you from [DATE] to [DATE]. If you are planning a tourist vacation, bring a detailed plan of your trip (we will visit X [from DATE to DATE], Y [from DATE to DATE], and Z [from DATE to DATE].

Try to bring any piece of evidence that he will come back, for example, if he is registered as a student somewhere in Argentina, bring a letter proving he is enrolled there and has to attend classes. If he owns property here, or rents here (seems not your case), these are good evidences.

You won't be able to accompany him at the Consulate, so he will have to do it alone. He can chose to have the interview in Spanish.

• mckenna.erin

Changed the title of the thread from “USA Work Visa Question For Argie” to “USA Visitor Visa Question For Argie”.
    • Official Post

There is no formula able to guarantee the result. Maybe he will do all these things and he will be denied a visa. Maybe he won't and his application will be approved. Who knows! I am not aware about any fee increase or things becoming harder (could be given the current US administration).

Is it really worth to go through all these hassles for a holiday in the US?

Earlier you mentioned he was seeking a work sponsor... what is the desired outcome you are aiming to? A holiday or a relocation?

It might be harder to get him a visitor visa than a fiancée visa, but the latter imposes you have to get married in the US within 3 months.

I am not criticizing you, I was in a similar situation years ago (I was eligible for a green card and my husband would get one, as well, but my then-boyfriend did not want to marry just to get a green card. So it ended that I got my green card, he did not. Years later we married and now he is married to a GC holder, so at high immigration risk, and he cannot go to the US for a vacation)

• Official Post

Thanks for your help! I do have a follow up question.

A friend warns me that if my boyfriend doesn't apply for the visitor visa (B2) ASAP, then we could be risking our chances of being able to get it. Although due to both of our circumstances, it would work out better for us if he were to come next summer around June-August or July-September of 2019. I have been told by several people that the tourist visa process will likely become more expensive and difficult to achieve. What are your thoughts on this?

Also, I'd rather not rush things especially when my boyfriend needs to gather and establish proof of his ties to Argentina. He plans to get his name on his house title and along with his dad's on their car title as well as potentially opening up a bank account, etc. but it will be expensive and take time to do all these things. Is it necessary that he does this to establish his ties? Obviously the more proof he has, the better his chances are of getting the visa but I don't know how intense they are about the proof.

Why does he need to establish proof of his Argentine identity? I assume he has an Arg passport, birth certificate and a DNI and is more than likely on the electoral role.

How old is he?

• Mckenna.erin said:

Some people said that the visitor visa was good for 90 days-others said 6 months? Does anyone know the length of a visitor visa for an Argentine? I am having trouble finding the info I am looking for.

The tourist visa is only for 3 months. (This is valid in Argentina and in USA as well) NOT 6 months.

Be aware that in the USA there is a computing system very efficient. If you stay more than 90 days, they will get acquainted and will not give you any visa in the future. This is very strict.

• mckenna.erin

Changed the title of the thread from “USA Visitor Visa Question For Argie” to “Visitor Visa”.