Venezuela's projected inflation rate for 2018: One million per cent

There are 20 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,690 times. The latest Post () was by Carlos.

• Though it played in my favor, it sounded very racist. There is no merit in being of a certain country or ethnicity. I could as well have been born in Venezuela.
    The Argentine inferiority complex to Europeans is appalling to me. After all, they used to give more money to immigrants coming from Anglo Saxon countries at the end of ‘900, so they made clear who their considered more welcomed than others.
    For the record, to Italians they gave 1/4th than what they gave to Germans!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The idea of the superiority about the anglo saxons and German, comes from long ago.

Juan Bautista Alberdi, one of our founders of the Constitution of 1853, preferred anglo saxons inmigrants because they have mechanical skils, a thing we lacked. in the 1850's. His reasons not came from a racist ideology, only he said that because the anglosaxons have already entered int the Industrial revolution and this was a desirable reason to help the country's grow.

Indeed, Alberdi was from basque-spanish stock, so he did not meant that others stocks were inferior, but they had only agricutural skills, and not the industrial, mechanical and other special craftmanship that the country needed at the time.

In our Constitution of 1853, it says explicitly tha European inmigration will be welcomed, but not making any difference between them.