Anesthesia museum of Buenos Aires

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,108 times. The latest Post () was by Carlos.

• Official Post

Buenos Aires offering of museums is very surprising. Today I found out there is an Anesthesia Museum in Caballito. Guided tours are offered Monday to Friday, 3PM to 5 PM and advanced booking is required.

You can also browse the Museum's catalogue online here. This is an overview of what is on display.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Museo+Anestesiológico+y+Biblioteca+Histórica/@-34.6173794,-58.4509603,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xd4510a240efb1618?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjY76zo96DcAhUptlkKHYbvAToQ_BIIeDAM

• Anaesthesia is today a very developed technique. I recall a small intervention that I had in Italy when I was there, and in 1950 they were using "eter", put i drops inside a small basket that covered your nose and mouth. In a few minutes, you became asleep. Of course, the system was the same in BA.

We have to be grateful to live in the present days. In the Civil War (1861-1865) they began to use some anaesthetics but amputation of arms and legs was very, very painful. And then, you have to face the danger of infections, as the antibiothics were not yet invented.

Thanks to Alexander Fleming, he began to use penicyllin and then other classes of antibiotics appeared, especially after the II WW.

• Official Post

I once went to a dentist who refused to give me a pain killer before drilling half way down my throat and he then had the cheek to tell me it was my own bloody fault that I needed a filling. C-word applicable in this case.

The only saving grace was his blonde and busty assistant whose curves were never less than six inches from my face.

I have no doubt he was shagging her.

• I once went to a dentist who refused to give me a pain killer before drilling half way down my throat and he then had the cheek to tell me it was my own bloody fault that I needed a filling. C-word applicable in this case.

The only saving grace was his blonde and busty assistant whose curves were never less than six inches from my face.

I have no doubt he was shagging her.

I understand that despite the attraction of his "busty assitant", you never came back to that dentist. Was that in Argentina? Because if you say yes, will be another shame to me.

• I understand that despite the attraction of his "busty assitant", you never came back to that dentist. Was that in Argentina? Because if you say yes, will be another shame to me.

Don't worry about this, Carlos . In the 1970's, I had to have a tooth filled in Oxford, and found that the dentist not only had never used any kind of anesthetic, but also had a clinic straight out of Jack The Ripper days. I sat down in the unpadded wooden dental chair, he released a lever that abruptly threw me into a reclining position, and he went to work with a grinding drill whose close proximity to my eardrum left me with a memory as sharp as that of the pain.

The only upside was that the total cost was 50 pence. But it was no bargain!

• Well, this seems to happen in all parts of this world. It is a relief for me.

By the way. I see that many europeans came here to have assitance of our dentists. I have a friend that likes to be treated by my dentist, for many reasons, one of them is that prices are affordable in relation to those of Europe.

• Yikes. The faces of the onlookers say it all.

Yes - dentists in Argentina are very highly regarded by people in other countries, and their prices are said to be low. In fact, we have known people who came to Buenos Aires for dental implants, who said they paid less for their dental work plus flight and hotel, than they would have paid for the same dental work in the US.

Same for cosmetic surgery. BsAs seems to be a destination for surgical tourism, as are several cities in India.