Those 12 Thai Kids: What do YOU think?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,910 times. The latest Post () was by EJLarson.

• Perhaps I didn't see it - so if someone has already started a Post on this subject, sorry ....

Just wondering what some of you think about the 18 day trauma that recently unfolded in Thailand regarding those

12 Thai Kids trapped in underground flooded caves.

With just a FEW members thus far (on my Website / Forum), few things have ever "taken off" like this issue!

I didn't realize it would cause such a "stir" - even within my own ranks. But that is a good thing because there is MORE to this issue

than the safe rescue of those 12 young guys.

DJ

• Official Post

I believe it is a miracle that they all came out alive and I hope they won't suffer of PTSD. I think I would have been scared to death given the circumstances. I was surprised to hear they were taken out sedated and in a sort of stretcher - I hope this spared them part of the trauma.

The rescuers were extremely brave, too!

In any case, the boys' coach should be put under process for putting in such risk the lives of these children.

THAI_CAVES_stretcher.jpg

Image taken from: https://www.vox.com/2018/7/10/…-soccer-boys-diving-scuba

• The entire world watched and hoped for the safe return of these boys. Many brave people worked tirelessly to save them, starting with the Thai navy seal diver who died.

I agree with serafina — I’d have been paralyzed with fear. No escape option seemed good, with the very narrow underwater passages and strong currents. Yet staying there, running low on oxygen and waiting for monsoon rains to raise the water level, wasn’t a possibility.

Bravo that they are all above ground now!

• From serafina - Post #2:

" 'In any case, the boys' coach should be put under process for putting in such risk the lives of these children.' "

Not quite sure what you mean by "under process", but for the moment I am assuming you mean the coach should be held accountable for his

apparent incompetence with regard to taking those boys into the caves in the first place.

If my assumption is correct, then your comment is the first I have encountered (outside of my own Website/Forum that is) that even dared to

hint that the coach could be, might be, negligent in his actions which resulted in those boys venturing into the caves.

I am personally of the opinion he was more than just negligent or incompetent; his decision to take those 12 boys into those caves was an "act"

most unfitting an individual who had been entrusted with the "care" and/or guidance of those 12 young individuals.

If I had a son who was put into the position (or something equally harmful) - of which the coach put those 12 Thai kids into harms way - I would be

absolutely furious; and I would be well on my way to paving the way towards that man being fully prosecuted for his careless action/decision.

DJ

• Official Post

From serafina - Post #2:

" 'In any case, the boys' coach should be put under process for putting in such risk the lives of these children.' "

Not quite sure what you mean by "under process"

I apologize, English is not my first language and sometimes I translate too literally ;)

I meant that a claim should be filed against him in court, as he should be held accountable for everything that happened, including the death of the rescuer, the trauma suffered by the children, the enormous operation carried out to take them out alive, the psychological consequences they will suffer forever from this tragedy.

• The authorities could do something, but to what end? No one could claim he did it on purpose, and no one will ever try to emulate him. He certainly never will be again in a position where he might harm kids. For the rest of his life he’ll be “Oh yeah. That guy.”

Hard to see where anyone gets better by hounding him after the fact.