The transformation of María Eugenia Vidal

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,322 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

She's definitely had a makeover for a more sophisticated look, far from the school teacher look she had when she first became known to us in 2015.

My money is on her becoming president at some time in the future. Perhaps Macri will nominate her as his running mate in the general elections next year or even bow out himself, allowing her to run for president.

She comes across as having a steel backbone and I'm wondering if she'd make a more popular president than Macri.

• I have been saying that she is being marketed as a potential Presidential candidate for the last three years to my Argentine friends.

Just in the last month , they are now beginning to agree.

She seems to me more normal than Macri who comes from a wealthy family.

Would she be a better president than Macri …..? Biq question.....

• She seems to have more sensibility to the economic problems that most of the inhabitants of her province have now. Even she recognizes her humble origins, telling that her grandmother worked as a maid. And, yes, she is looking more sophisticated nowadays. For me, she has more touch with the common men and women than Mr Macri.

• Official Post

I had read some comments on La Nación of people who would rather have her as a president than Macri. So far, I do agree, but I admit I am not closely following national politics. Macri's speech ability is far from stellar, he is clearly there because of his money rather than thanks to its abilities as a politician.

However, I think his entrepreneurial involvement has brought international results that I believe no other Argentinian politician could have brought home. I am not saying that Macri has used his entrepreneurial liaisons and weight to the benefit of Argentina -- he obviously took care of his interests, first, and if Argentina took an advantage as well, the better.

However, I also think that these high level results have also distanced him from the population who wanted tangible, immediate results for the everyday lay men. Maybe Macri thinks he is planting the seeds for a more prosperous future in the long run, but short term results is what is going to get him re-elected. I am hoping that he will play that card as the election approaches.

• She seems to have more sensibility to the economic problems that most of the inhabitants of her province have now. Even she recognizes her humble origins, telling that her grandmother worked as a maid. And, yes, she is looking more sophisticated nowadays. For me, she has more touch with the common men and women than Mr Macri.

Yes, and as Splinter said, a steel backbone. Didn’t she stand her ground and challenge a goon who physically threatened her a couple of years ago?