Eating out - Early bird/lunch deals

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,429 times. The latest Post () was by serafina.

• Official Post
    • La Cabrera (José Antonio Cabrera 5099)- parrilla (caters also Kobe beef!) - offers a 40% discount from 6:30PM to 8PM. source
    • San Paolo (Uriarte 1616) - Neapolitan pizza and cuisine - offers a fixed price menu at lunch (Mon-Fri), consisting of an appetizer and either a small individual pizza or a Neapolitan dish, plus either dessert or coffee.

Any others:?:

• Making reservations through Restorando.com sometimes gives a discount of about 20%. Club La Nación offers discounts with participating restaurants, though their listing leaves a lot to be desired, often giving you a list of 6-8 rather than dozens.

Some waiters give discount cards to repeat customers who have a history of leaving decent tips. Las Nazarenas is one that has given us a 20% discount in recent years, and their bife de lomo is tender, delicious, and enormous.

• La Cabrera (José Antonio Cabrera 5099)- parrilla (caters also Kobe beef!) - offers a 40% discount from 6:30PM to 8PM. source
    • San Paolo (Uriarte 1616) - Neapolitan pizza and cuisine - offers a fixed price menu at lunch (Mon-Fri), consisting of an appetizer and either a small individual pizza or a Neapolitan dish, plus either dessert or coffee.

Any others:?:

Only problem with La Cabrera is that you have to be done and gone by 8:00.

• Official Post

Club La Nación offers discounts with participating restaurants, though their listing leaves a lot to be desired, often giving you a list of 6-8 rather than dozens.

I finally got my La Nación Premium card, but I haven't used it yet. Should I make a reservation in advance and mention that I am with La Nación Premium, like it is done with Groupon?

Or should I nonchalantly take out my card upon being served the bill?

I did not know about Restorando. Interesting! In Italy these kind of thing are not working well because providers are reducing their services when customers come in with a discount (smaller portions, limited food selection compared, etc.)

• Official Post

I was invited to have a casual lunch at La Parolaccia in Barrio Norte (I think). I had never been to any La Parolaccia.

The lunch menu is quite assorted, but the number of ingredients is very limited. E.g. you have pasta with several basic sauces, the usual sorrentinos, milanesa, etc. Nothing I would go to a restaurant for.

As an entrée I had carpaccio: 3-4 small slices, covering as much surface as two Evita's bills. Two leaves of arugula, some grated parmigiano-like.

My husband had bruschetta con burrata, and the burrata was maybe 1/5th of the whole thing.

Overall: two bites, literally.

As Main Course I had ravioli - okay, not restaurant gourmet ravioli, but a decent plate you could have at home. My husband had sorrentinos (verrrrry cheeeeese loaded, but they have to be so as they exist only in Argentina). Risotto available, as well.

Also available meat cuts as Second Course, but the size were small from what I observed, but with generous salads.

I did not have dessert nor coffee.

So, all in all, I would not return there for their lunch special: the food was okay but not worth going there to have that food. The lunch menu items were cheap items (pasta, rice, bread, salad, diced tomatoes in different combination). I regret I did not check the regular menu to see what they offer normally.

I have no idea about the price, but it was not the $500 for their 29th anniversary. It was their regular lunch menu. There were armed security guards upstairs hidden in from of the bathroom hall. That upset me as I thought I was in a dangerous place.

Have you tried the lunch at Palacio Duhau's Gioia? I believe it costs the same ($550). The entrees were the best part, IMHO. The risotto was overcooked and tasteless. But hey, they do attend an international crowd and maybe that's what the clients want.