Over the counter cold medicines.

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 832 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• I've had one hell of a cold for a week now...the missus caught it first then gave it to me.

In the UK I used to get them once or twice every year especially during winter and thought nothing of it. If it got that bad I could always buy a medicinal remedy in the supermarket. I asked the missus what the equivalent of Lemsip would be here and she hadn't a clue.

Anyone know?

• Official Post

I've had one hell of a cold for a week now...the missus caught it first then gave it to me.

In the UK I used to get them once or twice every year especially during winter and thought nothing of it. If it got that bad I could always buy a medicinal remedy in the supermarket. I asked the missus what the equivalent of Lemsip would be here and she hadn't a clue.

Anyone know?

Refrianex make something similar, but I don't know where you would buy it. I generally take an aspirin and get plenty of sleep if I have a really bad cold as I find most pills do very little.

• Cheers...I'll look into it. 👍

I usually don't bother unless I have a sinus headache. For that Vick is available. This one's gone into my chest though and the cough bottle the missus got me is a bit tame. I'd prefer something stronger like Venos. I'd rather avoid having to go and see the doctor which the missus was suggesting.

• Scotch , honey, and lemon is even better.

But I am sure that UK Man already knows that.

But if it's already chesty, you might want antibiotics. - See a doc tomorrow, if you wake up poorly.

Scotch? Never touch the stuff!! :P

I agree about the antibiotics Gj. I'm feeling better tonight however if the improvement doesn't continue I shall be seeing my chest doc. He's a super bloke and loves a dram or two. :thumbup:

Meh, miel y limon does the world of good for ya, unless you're allergic to either or both

I've been having a spoonful of pure honey once a day after reading it loosens catarrh. Seems to work. :thumbup:

Edited once, last by UK Man: Merged a post created by UK Man into this post. ().