65% increase on digital services - My Adobe experience

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,509 times. The latest Post () was by gramps.

• Official Post

I am a heavy Adobe Pro user and I subscribed to a paid plan in 2020. The monthly subscription rate for Argentina is significantly lower than for the rest of the world, however, they only accept Argentinian credit cards as a method of payment. Since we have none, I used my foreign credit card with the official rate. Still cheaper than subscribing as a first world user.

Today I received this email from Adobe (sound like an April fool's joke in the first world, but very credible in Argentina):

Con los recientes cambios en las leyes fiscales de Argentina, a partir del 1 de abril de 2021, Adobe se ve obligada a aplicar un impuesto del 65% junto con tus próximos pagos. El 30% corresponde al impuesto "PAIS" y el 35% al impuesto de la Resolución 4815/2020. El precio base de tu plan de Adobe no sufrirá ningún cambio.

My current monthly charge is 581 ARS. The new amount will be 958,65 ARS, which means 10,43 USD per month.

First world users pay 180 USD /year or about 14 USD/month if billed monthly.

• Official Post

I don't know why the taxes are applicable to me.

The purchase is in ARS, I pay with my Wise card and depending on my balance, I get charged in GBP or EUR at the official rate.

Unfortunately, Adobe only accepts credit card payments, so I have my hands tied.

There's something very wrong there because these taxes are only applicable to Argentina issued cards, for the reasons I previously stated. Unless it's because you chose to pay in AR$?

• I guess software development has a great future https://mlsdev.com/services/custom-software-development. Finally, your software development company should be versatile. You need a company that can implement and deploy software solutions in various environments. A company that can handle software development solutions in India, Japan, Germany, UK, USA, Australia, China, France, Spain, Romania, Bulgaria, Egypt, Brazil, Russia, South Africa, Turkey, Egypt, Singapore, or anywhere else is preferable. A flexible software development company will be able to take your requirements and expectations and create a custom software development company solution that works for you. Therefore, choose a company that has experience and is ready to work with you and your industry.Finally, your software development company should be versatile. You need a company that can implement and deploy software solutions in various environments. A company that can handle software development solutions in India, Japan, Germany, UK, USA, Australia, China, France, Spain, Romania, Bulgaria, Egypt, Brazil, Russia, South Africa, Turkey, Egypt, Singapore, or anywhere else is preferable. A flexible software development company will be able to take your requirements and expectations and create a custom software development company solution that works for you. Therefore, choose a company that has experience and is ready to work with you and your industry.