Rapist and murderer beaten to death by locals

There are 16 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,823 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

A man sought by police for the rape and murder of a nine year old little girl was found by locals in Tucuman (before the police could find him) and beaten to death.

Not only that, the crowd continued to beat him when he had already died and when the police arrived, they appear to have simply looked on without intervening.

He probably got what he deserved in the long run, but when does law and order prevail? This is really a complete breakdown of law and it certainly isn't the first time this kind of lynching has occurred in Argentina.

If it had been my daughter, would I have joined in? Probably out of rage and without thinking of the consequences.

https://tn.com.ar/policiales/2…sia-del-presunto-asesino/

• I guess the obvious question is... is it clear that he did it, I mean beyond doubt.

One time years ago I was in the UK and walking home after a night out, about 1 AM. I got to an Indian takeaway just around the corner from my house and there were a mob of people there beating the crap out of the owner. He was a friend of mine, or better said a good acquiantence. Naturally I stepped in and stopped the women and men beating him up. They said he had been touching two six year olds earlier in the day and was caught by another parent who wasn't there.

It was a tough situation because if it's true, I agree the guy is a POS. However, I also firmly believe that justice is not kicking someones head in, so I kept them from getting to him for the next 10 minutes (he was distraught during the time) until the police came. He was arrested and the everyone else went home. It turned out the parent who "reported" him had been arguing with him earlier in the day and made this stuff up. He was let out but his shop windows were broken, graffiti on the walls, etc. And he had a beating.

In these situations if you are the type who would take your own justice, you must be sure. Even then, I find it very hard to agree with what these people did, even if the guy is worthless scum. I think we can all imagine a point or a scenario that would lead us to seek this kind of retribution so it's hard to say these people were plain wrong. Still, I have issues with it.

• Back in the day it was called due process, that was the difference between a lynching and a hanging, now days, not so much and particularly in argentina where all it matters is who you know...

• Pretty barbaric behaviour. However from what I see on a daily basis the quality of the police force here doesn't exactly instil much confidence in their abilities to police properly. Every day I see them standing on the pavement smoking a fag and playing with their mobile phones.

• Argentine friends have told us that the country’s legal climate tends to reward even violent criminals rather than their victims. And that police prefer not to arrest anyone because that could lead to hassles for them, rather than for the perpetrators. True?

• Call it barbaric or what, but human emotions are sometimes hard to deal with!!!

Yesterday I was working in my yard, to look over into my neighbors yard, and witness to big dogs attacking a small dog

that had become a part of our lives. By the time I could get over and scare the big dogs off, the little dog had been killed.

The compassion I felt for this little fellow, was just so overwhelming, and I just had to walk it off, but trust me, if it had

happened in my yard, and our Yorkie had been involved, their would have been two more dead animals.

Nature is cruel and unforgiving and it is a very fine line humans walk between right and wrong or justice and injustice.

• Horrible and yep, I would go full Rambo is my dog is invovled. However, what those two dogs did to the small one was also natural.

• Official Post

Horrible and yep, I would go full Rambo is my dog is invovled. However, what those two dogs did to the small one was also natural.

Why would a dog kill another dog? I am asking as a cat person. Cats don't kill each other and I never knew that dogs did!

However, in Southern Italy there were/are news of packs of dogs attacking people (because they are starving). It doesn't look the case of @daniel's account, though.

• Why would a dog kill another dog? I am asking as a cat person. Cats don't kill each other and I never knew that dogs did!

However, in Southern Italy there were/are news of packs of dogs attacking people (because they are starving). It doesn't look the case of @daniel's account, though.

Cats absolutely kill each other, although I think you mean domestic cats so fair enough, they don’t usually.

Dogs have a built in prey instinct that pre programs them to chase down, hunt and kill smaller and weaker animals. How pronounced this drive is depends on breed, upbringing, environment, etc. it’s the reason a dog will chase a ball you throw, a paper you throw, a ... anything you throw.

Needless to say, a well trained and emotionally sound dog would not take this instinct to the extreme, but there are millions of dogs that are not well trained or emotionally sound. But either way, it is literally in their nature to do it.

Not justifying it, horrible what Daniel witnessed and something that would be scarring. Not the dogs fault, though.

• A Dog-Eat-Dog world up there, daniel ?

Rice ... Just two dogs on a hunting spree, they will become the hunted if they show up in my yard. The sad thing is that Cooper, our Yorkie, and Cooper, the little dog that was killed,

had become playmates, and now, our Cooper when he is out is always looking to where his little friend lived. Our little four legged furry buddy,s do have feelings.

• Yes they do. My brother is something of a dog whisperer. He had a neighbor whose pit bull used to team up with his part-wolf German shepherd to travel down to my brother’s territory and burrow under the fence to claw and chew his gentle Great Pyrenees, who both required veterinary attention and/or surgery multiple times.

My brother’s girlfriend was a sharp shooter who eventually restored order.