Robo Piranha near the US Embassy

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,294 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Official Post

Please explain what I just watched??

Assault and robbery.

Another one from Jardín Botánico:

Nicolás Massot sufrió un robo en Palermo y fue amenazado

El exdiputado nacional y director del Banco Ciudad Nicolás Massot sufrió en la tarde de ayer un hecho de inseguridad, cuando dos motochorros le sustrajeron su teléfono celular mientras caminaba por el barrio porteño de Palermo.

El economista relató en un programa de televisión que los ladrones lo amenazaron con disparar si él no les entregaba el celular. "Cuando escuché la amenaza de que podía perder mi vida les entregué rápido el celular", dijo Massot, aunque precisó que no llegó a ver si efectivamente los asaltantes tenían un arma.

When I go out to grocery shop, I no longer bring my phone and just bring the money I plan to spend. I wonder if I should bring a dummy just to have something to give them.

I am also considering carrying around a photocopy of my DNI and censor my address, because if they steal my wallet, they will know where I live. Fuckers!

• I couldn’t read the end of your post because an ad was overlaid on it -

- - but I assume you were saying you are considering carrying a photocopy of your DNI. This strikes me as a very good idea.

These robberies are very disturbing, especially because of the sure knowledge that there will never be a helpful policeman on the scene to come to the aid of a person being robbed. The prevailing understanding has long been that there is no help from the police, but now that violent crime is so rapidly on the rise in formerly safe neighborhoods, it is starting to seem that personal safety is a thing of the past.