Rising crime rates in Buenos Aires

There are 76 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,254 times. The latest Post () was by Bombonera.

• Official Post

When quarantine was introduced in March, the crime rate apparently dropped quite drastically, but now that poverty is soaring, serious crime is reaching worrying levels.

For once, I agree with Sergio Berni, the BA provincial minister for security who insists that releasing prisoners onto the streets is partly to blame, but also the bewildering attitudes of judges who are practically viewing criminals as victims.

The case of the pensioner in Quilmes who shot and killed one of five intruders who broke into his house last weekend is a case in point as he is now charged with aggravated murder. He was tortured by the intruders by the way.

It's also clear that many of the police are in the pockets of the so called barrabravas, the hooligan football thugs that control much of the Quilmes and La Matanza areas, much loved by Cristina and are allies of hers.

I no longer linger at traffic lights on my bike, even if they are red. The police have seen me move away like that and simply turn a blind eye.

I would urge caution for everyone.

• Mar del plata today, an 81 year old dude plugged some piece of crap trying to get in thru the bathroom window.

Remember kids, no penal code , no bible, no 911 will save you ass when they are kicking your door

• It’s like I said in another thread, it amazes me that some still defend Argentina as being safe by comparing it with Mexico, Brazil, Syria... you know, some of the most dangerous places on the planet. Well of course, if that’s the comparison point, Buenos Aires is safe. However, we know the real comparison for most of us is the places we came from or simply previous years in this city. Buenos Aires is NOT a safe city, the province is even worse, and we should all be displaying extreme caution because the politicians have no clue how to stop it, the police have little ability to stop it, and it’s going to get worse.

I am trying not to politicize this subject but it’s hard. For me, it seems obvious crime was bad when CFK was in power, became much improved under Macri, and has now worsened again. This cannot be coincidence.

It’s got to the stage where by having anything nice you are putting yourself at risk. Nice car, bike, shoes, phone, jacket, whatever.

• Official Post

Near where we live there have been attacks to cars and motorcycles parked on the street, which have been set to fire. As a result. the fire brigade had to intervene. This was in three different streets of Villa Crespo.

The newspaper calls them 'quemacoches'. Just like when motochorros disappeared as a result of less people on the street to assault. however, I don't see the point in setting to fire private property randomly... Just like I don't see the point in cutting silobolsas...

Explosión en Villa Crespo: se prendieron fuego siete autos y seis motos en las calles Vera, Darwin y Velazco y apuntan a "quemacoches"

Esta mañana, poco antes de las 7, en el barrio porteño de Villa Crespo seis motos que estaban estacionadas y siete autos se prendieron fuego y generaron una serie de explosiones por causas que aún se investigan. Las primeras investigaciones apuntan a un "quemacoches", por lo que se desprende de los videos que circularon en las últimas horas.

3324092w1033.jpg

Qué se esconde detrás de los ataques a silobolsas en todo el país

El trasfondo de los ataques a silobolsas es un misterio. Aunque la hipótesis generalizada es que existen motivaciones ideológicas detrás de los actos de vandalismo, faltan pruebas y piezas para armar el rompecabezas. Y todo en medio de un clima enrarecido entre el Gobierno y el campo por el efecto Vicentin.

3303098w740.jpg

• Official Post

A 47 year old Armenian man was shot dead this morning in Puerto Madero when three young thugs approached him to steal his bicycle.

He was shot in the neck and died later in hospital. I can't imagine how his family must be feeling right now.

A 15 year old youth from Villa 31 near Retiro, is now in custody.

https://tn.com.ar/policiales/2…-cuello-en-puerto-madero/

This is why I WILL go through red lights and constantly be on alert when riding around the city.

• Official Post

The security minister, Sabina Frederic, is practically defending the 15 year old murderer who, incidentally has previous form for violent attacks, but since he's under-age, cannot be convicted - and he knows it.

Here's what she said:

La ministra de Seguridad, Sabina Frederic, consideró que el crimen del ciudadano armenio en el barrio porteño de Retiro “es un hecho delictivo y a la vez trágico, porque tiene a un menor” vinculado con un delito de “extrema gravedad” y pidió “no estigmatizar y creer que todos los jóvenes son pasibles de convertirse en victimarios”.

English:

The Minister of Security, Sabina Frederic, considered that the crime of the Armenian citizen in the Buenos Aires neighborhood of Retiro "is a criminal and at the same time tragic act, because he has a minor" linked to a crime of "extreme gravity" and asked "no stigmatize and believe that all young people are liable to become perpetrators ”.

F***ing unbelievable.

• I have three 15 year old nephews who live in Bs As.

They have their wits about them , they are bright guys and are looking to keep studying after they finish secondary school.

They dont go around robbing people , stealing bikes and killing people who get upset with their actions.

Frederic should be sacked and made to apologize the deceased's family.

• They should give the job to Berni, who calls her a liberal progressive who justifies the unjustifiable. Clearly this this country needs a strongman to run 'security'. Heck, even Bullrich did a passable job, but man or woman, they need to come down hard.

Berni is an interesting guy . He is a qualified doctor and although a big Kristina fan , he thinks like a normal human being.

Berni's statement on the murder

https://www.infobae.com/politi…la-edad-de-imputabilidad/

• Berni is just another useless element of this poor excuse of a country.

When you swear your loyalty to your political party over the loyalty to your nation, you are nothing less than a tyrant.

Berni's version of priorities is 1, cristina, 2, nestor, 3, peron,4, the peronist party and maybe one day the Republic will learn that your loyalties and priorities are your nation, your blood and your faith

• Official Post

Berni is just another useless element of this poor excuse of a country.

When you swear your loyalty to your political party over the loyalty to your nation, you are nothing less than a tyrant.

Berni's version of priorities is 1, cristina, 2, nestor, 3, peron,4, the peronist party and maybe one day the Republic will learn that your loyalties and priorities are your nation, your blood and your faith

Got to be better than that woman though who doesn't believe in a firm hand.Which is exactly what this kind of scum needs.

• Better is such a strong word when we talk about this gov', but i'll settle for less bad.

Still that doesn't make him a decent minister

• When you swear your loyalty to your political party over the loyalty to your nation, you are nothing less than a tyrant.

I could never have made this point as succinctly as you did, @Mckenna . This is a concept 126 party-over-country members of the US House of Representatives will live with through history.

Argentina has raised this misplaced loyalty to an art form, to the very great detriment of the country.