Future international flights

There are 458 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 59,751 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Rice .......don't b to sceptical.....that's how it looks now.....but I strongly doubt it will stay this way long...... country just cannot afford it.....2 months max from now until they release air traffic..

• “Lucky” for us would be to be able to get back to Buenos Aires as soon as possible. The thought of no international flights allowed in for months is just too sad to comprehend.

I never realized how this has affected travelers, can't say I blame you for wanting to depart New Orleans. Take care!!!!

• Thank you, daniel . Actually, New Orleans has been a good place to be. Unlike densely populated huge cities like Buenos Aires or Paris, this city is both medium-sized and easy-going. We are allowed to walk wherever and whenever we want to, so we can take daily strolls through the deserted French Quarter (where we are) or along the Mississippi River. At dusk, we can walk a few blocks away to stand on the street and hear our friend who is a jazz musician play the clarinet on his balcony, a gift he gives to all of us who miss the normal musical sounds that are missing. And in the evenings, we can join the only two other people currently in residence in our building, to sit 2m across the courtyard from each other and visit & drink wine to the soothing sounds of the fountain.

So - given the tight lockdown rules of most cities - this is as ideal a place as we could be. But like everyone, we miss the freedom to go where we wish. And where we want to go next is Buenos Aires , as soon as there are flights and the country can safely open up again. Will that be in September? December? 2021? No one knows.

• Official Post

The flight restrictions imposed by this government - the only ones in the entire world - remain inexplicable.

Airlines not being allowed to even sell any tickets will have huge repercussions, with many saying that they won't even return to Argentina. At least being able to pay for a flight after September, the airline was receiving funds.

The vice president of IATA, Peter Cerda...

If the Argentine government does not take concrete measures to change the restriction on ticket sales until September, several international airlines will not return to Argentina in a long time, "he said.

In addition, he said that they asked the government to eliminate the 30% COUNTRY tax "if it wants to stimulate the market a little so that the Argentine travels and foreigners come to the country." They also called for reliefs on airport, overflight and landing costs, but explained that so far they have received no response.

This move, quite frankly, is suicidal, utterly illogical and defies explanation. No other country has followed suite.

• I think this is one of their better decisions to be honest.

I reckon some of their other decisions has been far more damaging to usiness and the economy. However I suspect the unions are probably to blame for a lot of them.

• limiting the flights have one only purpose: to bankrupt the airlines and promote the national campora Aerolineas Argentina!!!!

(Under excuses of this and that)

• You cannot be serious!

Many airlines were already in the process of cutting back on routes. I doubt many, if any of them would have been back serving Ezeiza by November never mind September anyway.

Unless it was 100% certain international arriving passengers were not carrying the virus then best not take the risk.

• Official Post

Many airlines were already in the process of cutting back on routes. I doubt many, if any of them would have been back serving Ezeiza by November never mind September anyway.

Unless it was 100% certain international arriving passengers were not carrying the virus then best not take the risk.

That's not the point. Advance bookings at least give the airlines a lifeline with some much needed cash for advance bookings. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason for this madness.

• Stopping the travel industry dead in its tracks will have dire consequences for Argentina. I agree it is looking increasingly like a ploy to eliminate as much competition for Aerolineas Argentina. Just watch the price of flights in 2021... start saving now.

If air travel was going to be shut down, it should have been for 2-4 weeks in February to prevent it getting to this stage. The government has played its hand perfectly and is seemingly allowing the slow erosion of the country under the guise of a protection for the people. Let's be honest, what is the reason why everyone cannot be outside today? Are hospitals overwhelmed? Is there mass infection in Argentina?

For me, it's not about stupid conspiracies, but I am increasingly losing belief in the what we were sold about this virus and its severity. By the way, I am not dismissing the outbreak. My friend Miguel has been in a coma for weeks because of it.

The quarantine is extended to the end of the month and I am convinced we will get rolling extensions of it through until the end of August. I don't mind being wrong and I think some restrictions will be lifted but I have always thought the excuse the virus gets worse during winter is too good for the government to pass up.

• That's not the point. Advance bookings at least give the airlines a lifeline with some much needed cash for advance bookings. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason for this madness.

Advance airline bookings were well down before this decision was taken. For instance BA flights to/from the US with only a handful of passengers onboard has been commonplace for several weeks now. They were only flying in order to keep their slots at Heathrow and their pilots in hours.

Other airlines like Norwegian were in financial touble before the effects of the virus started to kick in.

• Official Post

Advance airline bookings were well down before this decision was taken. For instance BA flights to/from the US with only a handful of passengers onboard has been commonplace for several weeks now. They were only flying in order to keep their slots at Heathrow and their pilots in hours.

Other airlines like Norwegian were in financial touble before the effects of the virus started to kick in.

That doesn't explain this move by the Arg government which hasn't even given a plausible argument either. Whether airlines fly half empty planes or not, trying to keep their slots or pilots and hours, is no concern of any government, so I ask again - conspiracies aside, why?

• first I think the idea was consumer protection.....: That no travel agency or airline sell tickets for trips that will never be flown or money reimbursed!!!! Fair! I liked that!

Anyway, now it's more than clear it's to bankrupt the other airlines and have AA win all the routes and control the market! Definitely not ok!!!

• Avianca in Colombia has asked for Chapter 11 status in USA

They were having problems pre Corona but this has juts put them over the edge....

Aerolineas Argentinas is also technically bankrupt but soemone picks up their tab and also tries to make sure their competitors suffer...