Daily life in the time of Covid-19

There are 130 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 22,955 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• The situation in the 70s before the junta was indeed out of control,some provinces had already been under ''estado de sitio''with death penalty included, in 75 italo luder signed the aniquilacion de la subversion( use your translate and see what you come up with)all of this was done under a democratic regime elected by the people, the same people that couldn't wait for something to happen about this whole mess of peronistas killing other peronistas for not being peronistas enough,so, the military coup happened and the legislation vacated willingly the senate(see a parallel yet).

First day of the junta in power found argentina with tanks on the streets and all armed forces on high alert

The junta's first message to the people of argentina was, all constitutional rights suspended for the time being, all orders coming from police, armed forces , or security forced were to be followed , no questions asked,also they asked the population not to engage in activities that could be understood as suspicious ( no more than 3 people gathered on the streets at one time)......the rest is history, depending whose history you read....

The bottom line as i understand it is, before the junta took over there were rebel groups armed with intent to do away with the republican system, when the junta left , there were no more....

• I would compare it a little like a policeman killing an armed suspect just about to kill someone or after killing.....

I that case the authorities, the state, is killing someone also!

I prefer it ending like that rather than the suspect killing an innocent!

• @Mckenna ........

Exactly what u r describing was how it came to what it was!

This is sometimes or say very often neglected when talking about that period!

I would actually bet no younger person, say below 40, would even know what happened!

There was a nasty, real nasty civil war under way which got stopped in a second!

At a certain time negotiating is not an option anymore.....take the example of an armed suspect about to kill.......

• Official Post

Here's a letter from the local police at La Nata, near Tigre, to residents of a gated community in Santa Clara, Nordelta, clearly threatening them with six months prison if they attempt to go out onto the streets and protest. I don't know what any potential protest would be about, but presumably quarantine restrictions?

On the other hand, many groups wander up and down Av 9 de Julio with huge flags and banners, and nobody says a word.

• Just watching what is happening at villa azul, i am shocked to see the display of force by the police and the kind of weapons chosen for such operation

I did not see any weapon that could be used with non lethal rounds,submachineguns do not fire rubber bullets.

This is starting to taste a lot like kool aid to me and i'm hoping this is not a dry run for something more sinister, the attitude and armament does not say '' we are here to help assist and contain''.......

• Official Post

Just watching what is happening at villa azul, i am shocked to see the display of force by the police and the kind of weapons chosen for such operation

I did not see any weapon that could be used with non lethal rounds,submachineguns do not fire rubber bullets.

This is starting to taste a lot like kool aid to me and i'm hoping this is not a dry run for something more sinister, the attitude and armament does not say '' we are here to help assist and contain''.......

Agreed completely.

I travel the streets every single day on my bike and regularly see Prefectura, Gendarmerie and Feds with those huge, menacing looking shotguns and I ask myself why. Why all the scary hardware when all we want to do is get on with our lives?

• Agreed completely.

I travel the streets every single day on my bike and regularly see Prefectura, Gendarmerie and Feds with those huge, menacing looking shotguns and I ask myself why. Why all the scary hardware when all we want to do is get on with our lives?

Was all that heavy weaponry evident before the virus, or is that a new development?