Meanwhile, in the Ministry of Conspiracy Theories

There are 74 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 13,937 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• I love a good conspiracy theory, but some of the ones around COVID-19 are so stupid. The newest is 5G causing the virus. Radiation is causing a virus. Amazing. Sadly, a very close family member is constantly spouting this nonsense on Facebook and is making themselves seem very stupid. First it was flu, next it was Mother Nature correcting the population (by killing 1% of it?), then it was the government looking to control the populace, and now it's 5G. This family member has gone through all them in the space of a week. Oh yes, and the New World Order. Only place to go is aliens or reptilians. I can't stand it when people ignore Occam's razor.

• Official Post

Oh yes, I've seen the 5G stuff which has been doing the rounds for some time. Bonkers.

A wealthy friend of ours who, a couple of years ago, fled Argentina to live in her beach-side mansion in Uruguay is more worried about her investments than the virus and swears that the whole pandemic is the work of The New World Order, whatever the fuck that is. Her solution is meditation so that the world can heal itself, and of course put her investments back in order.

• The New World Order dude!

These are the guys behind everything that a conspiracy theorist cannot stand about their lives. It can be everything from the elite taking everything to the reason they can't get laid. At face value, the idea of a shadow government that controls all other governments is not that crazy. I mean why not. However, every single thing that happens is the NWO according to these people.

Conspiracy theorists also flit between the government lying and controlling us all to that the governments are all puppets too. They can never pick a casue and stick to it, which is why it's so easy to pick holes in conspiracies. Like my family member. What starts as "just a flu" quickly expands in New World Order, mass population control, and 5G. Next is alien death rays.

• To think I used to believe in flying saucers and the Loch Ness monster. I was only a young boy right enough. ^^

These people always surface whenever something like this happens. Not right in the head if you ask me.

• My family member now insists this is man-made. What bothers me about conpsiracy theorists is how they will quickly jump to nonesense when proved wrong and constantly move the goal posts.

He sent me a link for a patent suggesting a SARS vaccine that was filed in 2016. It took me 5 seconds to read this was a proposed vaccine for the kinds of SARS that broke out in China last time. I told him this, and he said COVID-19 and that SARS outbreak are the same. I informed him that while both are types of SARS they are the not exactly the same.

He then doubled down on the patent and said if the patent was filed in 2016, why is the vaccine not here. I explained that patents don't work like that, they are literally to protect intellectual property, which is sometimes just an idea. In other words, if Apple patents the iPhone in 2001, it may not actually build it until 2007 and may never build it.

I said there is science involved in developing a vaccine and even if the patent moved to a wider developmental stage it would require the scientific process. He said "you can't trust what you read about science" and the proceded to tell me about "a guy I know who says this has all the halmarks of radiation posining". So, he said we should outright reject science and lsiten to "some guy" who is "important" and "knows what he's talking about".

I then said that I thought it was 5G and not a man-made effort that includes surpressing the vaccine. He said, they are "both the same". i.e., COVID-19 is a virus created in a lab but it is being delivered through 5G in the form of radiation.

It is at this point I decided to step out because otherwise my head would of exploded. Point is, in the face of reason, logic, facts, and science, there are people will still deny and claim something else. I won't talk to this family member on this subject again but to me it reveals a deep level of pure stupidity in this individual.

• I love a good conspiracy theory, but some of the ones around COVID-19 are so stupid. The newest is 5G causing the virus. Radiation is causing a virus. Amazing. Sadly, a very close family member is constantly spouting this nonsense on Facebook and is making themselves seem very stupid. First it was flu, next it was Mother Nature correcting the population (by killing 1% of it?), then it was the government looking to control the populace, and now it's 5G. This family member has gone through all them in the space of a week. Oh yes, and the New World Order. Only place to go is aliens or reptilians. I can't stand it when people ignore Occam's razor.

I've seen that one, it made me laugh so hard...these conspiracy theorists don't seem to realise they're doing more harm than good. What if some irrational world leader, I won't mention one that I can't stand at the moment, thought that this was true? They might inadvertently start a nuke war

• One of the problems for me is I think Trump has the intellectual capacity of these conspiracy theorists and like them believes what ever he is told by "some guy" from day to day. If one of his advisers told him this was caused by aliens without providing any more infromation as to why or how, Trump would start to believe it regardless. There have been stories throughout his presidency that his advisers have to walk him step by step through issues to avoid him getting the wrong idea. Using child-like language and probably drawings to get their point across.

That's the so-called leader of the free world.

• This has been proven by virologists to be a man made made virus. This virus happened to be being studied in the level 4 bio bio hazard centre in wuhan.

If this was an accidental escape or deliberate is neither here or there now but one thing is for sure..The chinese knew immendiately what they were dealing with as there control of the situation shows.

Its not my place to speculate further however there is a load of good information from esteemed proffesionals at the top of there game about the make up of the so called pandemic.

• hairyscotsman .....

I fully agree on this.....

It was concluded that it was a lab made virus, buuuuuuut, it was not proved where the virus come from and why exactly it escaped.....the idea was that it came from bad handling of food, bat soup or whatever.....but how do we know it was not with purpose allowed to get "created"????

Like with an experiment with bats and other animals in a lab!

The Chinese was extremely proactive....why? And what happened to the few meds and experts that warned about it? Suddenly gone with the wind and the virus!

• This has been proven by virologists to be a man made made virus. This virus happened to be being studied in the level 4 bio bio hazard centre in wuhan.

If this was an accidental escape or deliberate is neither here or there now but one thing is for sure..The chinese knew immendiately what they were dealing with as there control of the situation shows.

Its not my place to speculate further however there is a load of good information from esteemed proffesionals at the top of there game about the make up of the so called pandemic.

Interesting. Can you provide some scientific sources about this because everything I have read points to the scientific and medical communities confirming this is not man-made. You are talking about proof, which seems conclusive to me. Let's see what information you have. Although, I have my doubts about you.

• hairyscotsman .....

I fully agree on this.....

It was concluded that it was a lab made virus, buuuuuuut, it was not proved where the virus come from and why exactly it escaped.....the idea was that it came from bad handling of food, bat soup or whatever.....but how do we know it was not with purpose allowed to get "created"????

Like with an experiment with bats and other animals in a lab!

The Chinese was extremely proactive....why? And what happened to the few meds and experts that warned about it? Suddenly gone with the wind and the virus!

Haha Jan ;). Please point to where "it was concluded that it was a lab made virus".