Coronavirus around the world

There are 1,097 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 149,709 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• I repeat:

Other first world countries have leadership. The US has only cheerleadership.

I keep thinking of Monty Python’s Black Knight, with both legs cut off and blood gushing everywhere - - “It’s only a flesh wound!”

• Those people are dangerous ignoramuses. And what appears to be a grassroots demonstration turns out to be funded by right wing organizations and promoted by the president on Twitter.

Thursday he promoted “liberating” Virginia, Minnesota and Michigan, a state in the Top Ten winners of the fastest growing number of Covid-19 cases. Protesters complied with their funders and their promoter-in-chief by turning up and blocking traffic in the state capital, preventing more than one ambulance and many nurses & doctors from reaching the hospital.

Oh, they were also handing out candy to children, without a mask or gloves in sight. Maybe they are just overzealous fans of the state who want it to be #1 in SOMETHING, anything. Even covid-19.

• its incredible.....stupid....!

The looser, the one that managed all wrong are clear more or less , USA being top contender....

But there is a small but......that's how it look today.....and I think it will stay that way......but, f.ex. now it looks like Sweden is close to getting herd immunity....Sweden was also "stupid", and now they can end up being the superhumans that just managed it well!

If America can manage to go through all this without collapsing the system, they will be ready to rock n roll quicker than others......

So the game is not played out yet!

But let me be clear: I'm fully in the opinion that Mr. T managed it the worst possible.....not trying to defend him!!!!!!

• This is the intelligence level that brought the US to its chosen presidency. They are empowered by his encouraging them to “liberate” their states.

Pathetic and scary.

We as a Country, either open back up and go to work or the Country will die a very slow and painful death. Either way will not be pretty and not without sacrifice.

• But Sweden never had the kind of outbreak the US already has. That's the problem but it seems the U.S. has taken a unique approach driven by Trump. It is aiming for herd immunity no matter the cost of lives, or at least that seems to be what Trump would prefer to do. You are right that if the system sustains the U.S. will emerge robust, but the country is literally trading lives at the moment.

For all the scientific and social analysis that will be done in the future, perhaps the most interesting will be trying to figure out why some countries were worse than others. Sweden left itself open and seems to have ridden out the COVID-19 storm with minimum problems. New Zeland and South Korea went the oppositie, complete lockdown control, and saw the same results.

Two approches from extreme sides but with the same results. Why did New Zealand manage COVID-19 under lockdown but Italy cannot? Why did Sweden manage COVID-19 without a lockdown, when the United States could not?

For me, it must be in the timing of the measures introduced (i.e., early enough or too late) and maybe something to do with how much travel countries receive.

• Semigoodlooking ......again, Mr t have fooled around!!!!

But lets say it like this:

If we take USA as an example.....let's just say to make things easy 1 million will die of the virus, one way or another. (Just an example!!!!).

If the one million would die because of the bad management of the crisis of Trump, but in a "open" environment......that would be much better than 1 million dieing in a locked up environment......because the economical dissaster would be less!

Nobody know if that's the case.....

And when talking about Sweden managing the crisis.... remember Sweden is tiny!!!! Actually sweden has not that few deaths....76.4/million vs 123/million......but USA have also tested 50% more people! (per million of course!!!!!!)

So it could all end up with that the death rate will be exactly the same by both USA and Sweden.........but, Sweden is already up and rolling!!!!!!

So again: who will be the eventual winner of this is still not clear!!!!!

(Numbers from worldometer.com)

• Piers Morgan, a long-time friend of trump’s and tabloid journalist of sorts, had some very interesting things to say about how the UK and the US are continuing to trail the countries that responded immediately and intelligently to the crisis. He also offers advice to trump about winning the November election, which I sincerely hope the president will continue to ignore.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/19…s-piers-morgan/index.html

• Cases dropping in many of the worst affected in Europe now. Are we seeing some light at the end of the tunnel? UK deaths under 500 over the last day and seem to be on a downward trend. Soon the debates will begin about whether the lockdown ensured this decline or whether the virus is just not that deadly amongst a population.

• Official Post

Piers Morgan, a long-time friend of trump’s and tabloid journalist of sorts, had some very interesting things to say about how the UK and the US are continuing to trail the countries that responded immediately and intelligently to the crisis. He also offers advice to trump about winning the November election, which I sincerely hope the president will continue to ignore.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/19…s-piers-morgan/index.html

Piers Morgan is hardly in a position to advise anyone on anything at all. He makes my skin crawl.