Corona virus

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 195,330 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• dont wanna copy from other boards, but this is seriously a quite important issue right now.

Seems like it have been downplayed seriously in China the last days of 2019, and now we are standing with the result!

Why would any country put 10 million people in lock down, build emergency hospitals for thousands, extend public holiday, forbid traveling and and , if this is just a normal flu?

Many talk about normal flu killing more people than this, day to day........but it's a stupid statement, since you could have said that about aids or the spanish flu, the first days also.

The virus is a serious threat to many......and it will get worse now..... already day by day the international numbers increase.

The biggest threat I guess is that it can stay undetected for weeks before it shows signs of sickness.......that means anyone can carry the virus and spread it during that time, without knowing!

So I guess we are not that far from having the first detected person here in Argentina.......

A friend of me laughed and said "the Chinese here are Argentinian, they are born here". True, but anyone that have travelled to China lately and returned, could carry the virus without knowing!!!!!

So I would make a million bet, some Chinese have been back for holiday in China and returned, with the virus!!!! Wait and see!

It's gonna get worse before it get better.....it just started!!!!

• yea, this one im putting a bottle of jim beam as a bet.....anyone taking it?

Germany have 5 confirmed cases, all workers by webasto, a car part manufacturer.......a Chinese came for a course and all that was in contact with her got it!!!!

Now they closed the company untill further and try to track down the 100 or 1000 that have been in contact with those 5!!!!!

Works like a pyramid scheme!!!

• I think it's being overhyped....again.

Mainland China is a strange country. So successful at producing and exporting goods yet if you want to see poverty that's the place to see it, especially in winter. Makes the worst parts of Buenos Aires look like a 5* resort.

• UK Man .......the question is whether it's gonna spread to rest of world, and put other countries in danger!!!!

The powerty you describe makes the spreading even worse.......people cannot afford staying away from work, going to doctor etc.! The incubation time is what now looks like the danger to other countries...how far have it spread?

I personally think it has been underrated until now! (We don't talk mortality rate, we talk the spreading). I'm looking forward to see how to story ends in Germany, because that's a master example....it's all direct contacts or the family of the ones in contact. Now they are going on with tracing all contacts from those 5 confirmed infected. I read numbers from China, it say there is 80% contamination risk inside family members in close contact!!!!

China clearly downplayed it and didn't put all cards on table......the outcome we will see in weeks.......

Anyway out by u I doubt u have a lot of Chinese travelers.....

A funny side remark: I was in abasto yesterday with my daughter for her birthday......in museo de los ninos......what a great place...... It's a theme park that describe society, a newspaper, a supermarket, a dentist a bank and and and......huge the place.....

But there is also a hospital, for kids, that dublicate a normal hospital.....and when we entered, the place was full with Chinese.... hahaha, I couldn't stop laughing! Sorry, was so surreal to watch....

I told my daughter maybe it's better to check out some of the other stuff......

(Nothing to do with racism, just a way to stay out of the risk zone until we know how serious it has become or not)

• UK Man .....what's wrong with u??!

Yesterday u start posting about how great life is......now u start to believe in the Argentinian to keep a grip on an Asian pandemic...... hahaha

Have u lost it totally????

Anyway, I second u: I guess u will not be in danger by u.....but rest of CABA or dense areas could soon see some cases I guess.....

• Curious about your reference to discussion on “other boards,” @JAN , I made a visit Over There to snoop. More new names than old ones, but how refreshing to see that the preferred form of discussion still follows their Tried & True:

A: The Sky Is Falling (Coronavirus on its way via chinos).

B: You’re a racist.

C: I know more than you do.

D. I’m going to isolate myself with a 10 year supply of dried beans & rice. And weapons.

We received updated information from the CDC this week. I’m attaching for anyone who wants to learn more.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

• I find it incredible anyone can come with such a ignorant remark to try to be politically correct Rice .....

It's obvious anyone can bear the virus, whether he is black, yellow ,green, white or orange.....never the less it tend to be more Chinese traveling back from their holiday in China than other nationalities that was there on visit or for business!

So it's obvious the risk of being infected is bigger by contact to a Chinese than any other!!!!

You can mingle with whoever you want, it's non of my business!

The numbers coming out each day are more and more scaring, and it will get worse over the next weeks!!!!

If you want we can make a bet, and you can make money on your wisdom......

• Rice ....

And now when we are in the hate speach corner, discrimination, racist, nazi ......if u would say f.ex: gay people in USA represent around 2% of the population, but is 66% of the whole HIV infected group.........would that be considered homophobic anti gay??????

• Splinter , no, I don't know!!!

Comments made by me? Please let me know which comment????

I'm basically totally passive on that site since more than 5 years.....I have made maybe 5 comments since that time! Please elaborate on what you are referring too!!!!!

Beside that, this thread is this thread, and this board is this board......what is it in my past statements here on this thread that qualifies for being racist????

Claiming u should be cautious with Chinese that might have travelled?????

• Beside that we have a much better anti racist advocate...... doctor Doolittle from the other site...... he is half Korean and it turns out his wife is chinese.......hahaha.....the corona thread is gonna be hilarious at a certain point!!!!!! Maybe al Qaeda started it, or old Nazis from Bariloche or or or...

• @JAN , I’d encourage you to re-read my post before getting your panties in a knot over something I didn’t say or imply.

To review: you referenced the Other Place, so I went there to wade through their squabbles, which I characterized in an “A-D” summary of the level of argument Over There.

Not Over Here.

• Official Post

Splinter , no, I don't know!!!

Comments made by me? Please let me know which comment????

I'm basically totally passive on that site since more than 5 years.....I have made maybe 5 comments since that time! Please elaborate on what you are referring too!!!!!

Beside that, this thread is this thread, and this board is this board......what is it in my past statements here on this thread that qualifies for being racist????

Claiming u should be cautious with Chinese that might have travelled?????

@JAN

I'm not referring to comments made by you. Rice was making reference to the same old shit that's going on at BAExpats, that's all.

Why is that so hard to understand?

• ok I get it!!!!

So basically the corona virus risk is hot air!!!! Good to know!!!!!

I would encourage the people that think that is so, to read a little bit more about it.......!!!

Again, everyone is their own master and can do what they want, I couldn't care less!!! Beside that the airfares and hotels should be quite affordable now in China......why not take advantage!!!!

Whether it's all just false alarm and overreacting: please sit back and wait until we know how far it will go.......at that point you can come with that thesis!!!!! (Maybe Trump behind to take attention away from impeachment).