A cepo once again.....

There are 28 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,292 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Looks like we have a cepo once again - emergency measures just announced by the government.

Each one of us are now limited to exchanging 10,000 dollars per month

Hope I can do that at least once sometime soon........

Could we see the return of the Blue Dollar soon?

• Official Post

Could we see the return of the Blue Dollar soon?

Most definitely!

I was never convinced about how they managed to remove the dolar blue in a day and keep it going for years. Really odd stuff.

I mean, okay, you changed the rule - but how do you convince the rest of the world to apply an exchange rate you have established yourself?

And how did they let it 'float' without going too high?

If it was truly free to float, why didn't it spike?

• serafina ....

I agree once again....

"Free float"? Seriously anyone believed it was free floating????

It's like the door to door service....give me a break.....it's in theory both, because in real life it's wasn't that easy any of the two......

But regarding the dollarization....if we had it, it would difficult for the top crooks too scam, like fake buying foreign stuff, getting the USD, then buying back pesos, and make fortunes, happened big time!

Just one of the scams....

• FINANCIAL TIMES - Breaking News
    Argentina imposes currency controls

Argentina on Sunday slapped currency controls on businesses to prevent capital flight after the peso lost more than a quarter of its value since primary elections last month, in its latest move to stave off a rapidly spiralling economic crisis.

The central bank will require exporters to repatriate earnings from sales abroad, while all companies, not just banks, must seek authorisation to sell pesos for foreign currency, after it lost $3bn in reserves on Thursday and Friday alone.

Read more

• Official Post

The wife has been on a spending spree recently after taking advice from the family accountant. All I got was a second hand pipe from Mercado Libre and some decorating materials. :(

That's odd, because so has Adri and she's an accountant, so it's very out of character.

She reckons it's still good sense to pay for stuff with monthly payments on the card at 0%, if you can find it.

• UK Man ....

I have some prank itching powder.....put it on her clothes before she go to work......or in the panties......hahaha, u will have a laugh.....

I put it in the whole bed of an American friend of mine when we where drunk.....he didn't sleep a second hahahaha

• UK Man ....

I have some prank itching powder.....put it on her clothes before she go to work......or in the panties......hahaha, u will have a laugh.....

I put it in the whole bed of an American friend of mine when we where drunk.....he didn't sleep a second hahahaha

Oh no I know which side of my bread has been buttered. Forgot to say I also got 20 KitKats....they've never been so cheap. Why the hell they haven't been selling them at the 'cheaper' price all along is beyond me.

There's no rhyme or reason to the way the retail sector operates here.

• Although the blue dollar never went away, it became irrelevant when its rate was below that of the official dollar. Perhaps it is about to resurface?

Or maybe the new standard should be Compra/Venta/KitKat.

• My big question was always this:

Imagine I'm a business man, with everything clean with afip, everything perfect...I have say 60 million pesos in my account, and I want to change them into 1 million USD and bring them to a safe place of my choice......you really seriously think that it was possible???? (Today not, but earlier).

I think we can even without knowing say NO!!!! The USD changing etc, was all just smoke.....maybe you could go and change a few hundred, but that's it! So, free floating this or that, bullshit! Free floating means it's exchange traded forex currency....I traded back in time, some 15 years ago....I try to find a broker where to trade pesos.....no place on the planet where u could do that! At that time I wanted to short the peso and just let it run....that was by peso at 3 or 4.......!!!!

It would have made me millions if it was possible! So when I hear the words free floating.....I just laugh and shake my head.

• If everything was clean, yes you'd have to talk to the bank a couple times, but you could certainly convert it to USD and withdraw it and/or transfer it out. Not anymore.

And yes, it was free floating. The proof of that is that the blue - by definition a floating currency - was roughly the same value. It appears that will change soon.

I do airline tickets, car rental, hotels, cruises, insurance, and all-inclusive packages.

If you want great service and low prices, look no further.
    I also sell local SIM cards for several countries.
    ben@kanfeinesharim.com

• Both seriously manipulated!!!! (Beside tourist level, day to day USD). The blue was ALWAYS suspicious low, (not just last 4 years). The main "free" channel to consult: ámbito........ámbito just a few years back, the most corrupted lying kk channel! Never ever last 15-20 years the peso was seriously traded international, beside all the insider related traders.....

NOBODY on Earth would buy the peso, not even now at 60.....(unless it's a trade you need to do). You traded a few millions on it or know someone who did? (Not government related).

• Did you know that you can get back 65% of the 95% taxes imposed on using an Arg credit card for foreign purchases?

Either through your tax return or direct from the the tax authority, depending on your tax circumstances.

Adri told me this otherwise I would never have known.

Yip , but your tax affairs have to be squeeky clean....

They will be looking at all your bits n pieces before they give you cash .

I know one guy who gets virtually everything back . Having said that he does pay a pile of tax.