Argentina elections 2019

There are 651 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 127,879 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Helpful

Hey - you’re talking about the country we all love!

I was detesting the country yesterday during the time my wife dragged me around two jam packed supermarkets. Not only were there no parking spaces there were no ruddy trollies either!! This 35% off is a total farce....even with the discount the prices were highly inflated. How I miss Tesco.

• Official Post

Me too UK Man, I get day like that regularly.

On the other hand, Coto does 40% discount on booze most Fridays to Sundays if you use their loyalty card, with Jumbo and Disco being the best out the lot in terms of choice and above all, cleanliness.

I also admit that I prefer shopping by myself in a swift attack, meaning I'm in and out in no time. Early morning or when everyone is having lunch. I avoid weekends.

Tesco, on the other hand, is like Shangri La in comparison.

• What never get to understand is this.....you would expect that shopping in the more "high end" neighborhoods, like Recoleta, Palermo etc., Would be more civilized and pleasant than in say more cheaper neighborhoods in conurbana.......but no, it's not like that.....I think it's even more stressful....people really quite brutal and rude........!

I tend to do my shopping when many can't do it, early morning etc. My favorite spot at moment is COTO, Barracas, close to Parque Lezama.....one of the biggest, good selection of everything, huge meat department etc.

• The council here are forever making parking harder in town which is fine by me. Trouble is the two chain supermarkets are 50 yards from each other in the centre of town!! They do provide their own small parking places but there's nothing to stop non shoppers from parking in them!!

What's obviously need is a supermarket located on the edge of town with lots of parking but it seems the council refuse planning permission for them.

That's one problem I have against Argentina. The cost of living is first world but the facilities and infrastructure are nowhere near it.

• Rice ....

I didn't get it either..... don't worry.:scratchead:

The comparison between la Campora and Hitler Jugend couldn't be more wrong.....

Campora are lazy fat uneducated bobos....in general.....

Hitler Jugend was well behaved, organized, respectful boyscouts.......in general

The only they have in common is they try to mobilize the youth and point them in a certain direction......beside that I cannot with good will see any similarities.

I think with a youth like Hitlerjugend, Argentina would be better of!!!! (Without Adi of course).

• Yes as I said, they try to point the youth in a certain direction!

But beside that they are as different as can be.....

Hitlerjugend was a type of boyscouts.....just like the also exist in USA and other countries. They try to uniform and gather the youth. I was boyscout as well when kid, and most of the kids was, in my time of youth.

I think it's a great thing....

On the other side, what does Campora do, that could be considered positive????

(Like, learning to live outside, build fire, cook, deal with knife and tools, swim, build tipis and tents and and and).

I think it's time to get over what happened 80 years ago and also stereotype the Germans. In American films it's just soooo encredible boring to watch films with that only onesided perspective.

In general when you see a German character in a film, It needs to be a harsh speaking aggresive Nazi, or same direction. I have still not seen one American film about WW2, without a totally crazy and screaming Hitler in it.....

As bad and crazy he was, I doubt he was screaming and going nuts 24/7......

Without endorsing or making Hitlerjugend look good, I think it would be really wrong to compare lazy donkeys with well behaved young lads.

Look at campora, look at the people...... young, but not boyscout age, discusting, hippie looking lazy cucarachas.....then look at Hitlerjugend...do they look the same?

(Except of the idea to point the youth in a direction).

A well trained boyscout or Hitlerjugend would be faithfully and a good soldier.....a camporista is a puzxy, he would turn his back and become a betrayer the second he would get the chance.

• Official Post

Well, the Nazi Youth (NY) portrayed in the clip from Cabaret (above) was in context and foreshadows what was on the way and it that respect was extremely well done.

But I agree that La Campora and Nazi Youth do not share the same practicalities such as you mentioned Jan, but they do share the same bullying attitude and they each slavishly follow a kind of spiritual leader.

For Campora it's Peron and Nazi Youth it will have been Hitler. I expect the NY started out with the best ideals, many of which remained with the members, but Hitler changed all that when he banned the Boy Scouts in Germany and boys were forced to join the NY.

Here's an interesting article from History.com.

https://www.history.com/news/h…ration-of-kids-into-nazis

• I do not have any number of how many films and documentaries about WW2 I have watched throughout my life, both in my birth country, Germany, pro American countries and so on. Actually I have a quite big selection at home also. Never get boring to dig into and learn more.

But still the difference between Hitlerjugend and campora is huge. It already start by the age: Hitlerjugend are children and jungsters......campora are grownups, about 18 or above I would say. Obviously it's easier to mainstream a child.... somebody above 18 should be more difficult to manipulate. The campora followers are dumb and ignorant, and Will stay that way.....the Hitlerjugend was young and innocent.

Try and watch a military parade of Hitlerjugend and the watch one of campora....then tell me how they compare.

Beside this subject: my father was around a teenager when Hitler got in power.... Denmark got occupied by the Germans at that time.....I have had endless talks with my father about the whole time, to learn it from first hand what happened, (and remember DK was neutral, so no Nazi bias in general). Today's teaching and informing paint everything a little bit to much in one color, and I think it's time to move on now 80 years later. I like to watch history channel, Discovery and that stuff, but sometimes it gets a little onesided.

If you look through numbers of killed in dictatorships and wars, (USA wars since WW2: 12 million!!!), since then you will get quite enlightent (in a bad way). Also just the Russian gullash camps killed millions in the same time as ww2. (Estimated 2.6-17.6 million According to Wikipedia). To me it seems like someone is interested in keeping focus on the 80 year old story, to look good themself.

So to be more direct: I find comparisons to Hitler Germany quite boring and simple.