The Trump reality show

There are 921 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 142,796 times. The latest Post () was by SpaceNut.

• One way to judge whether this is honest reporting: if It is not, there will be a wave of statements by quoted military personnel, vehemently denying that their sentiments and words were accurately presented.

So far, silence.

• He set the stage for people to believe it, by

1) himself dodging the draft in the 1960’s,

2) threatening to disown his son (DJTJ) when he talked about joining the army,

3) including in the prenup with his second wife, a clause stating the their daughter Tiffany, born before they married, would be disinherited if she ever joined any branch of the military, and

4) repeatedly announcing that American prisoners of war weren’t heros because “I like heros who aren’t captured.” Most notably, his public disdain for the late republican Senator John McCain, who For 5 years was a prisoner of the North Vietnamese and brutally tortured for much of his time in captivity.

So Americans looking at the president’s own background of disdain for military personnel and service would be fully prepared to believe this otherwise unimaginable disrespect for fallen soldiers.

Even if the quotes attributed to him hadn’t contained one of his favorite put-downs: LOSERS.

• I will at this point be utterly shocked and dismayed if Trump gets a second term, but then again, there are some people who don't seem to be totally non caring about what he says

He will even stoop that low to call them "suckers" and "losers", especially when Bone Spur dodge the army himself. Utterly shocking, but 3 and half years of this nonsense, I shouldn't be shocked at all

• Here’s the best entry yet in the Trump Shitshow thread: trump knew by Feb 7 how serious the novel coronavirus was, and deliberately deceived the American people.

Be sure you play all the audios from Woodward’s interviews.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09…mp-coronavirus/index.html

All those weeks he was telling the country that the coronavirus was just a mild flu, that it would be over by April, etc, , HE KNEW THAT IT WAS AN EXTREMELY CONTAGIOUS AND DEADLY VIRUS ... (Feb 7) “MUCH MORE DEADLY THAN EVEN YOUR STRENUOUS (sic) FLU.” Yet he intentionally lied to the public “to keep people from panicking.” (Translated: to avoid a stock market crash and ending his chances of re-election/avoiding prosecution)

He also told Woodward, also on tape, also on the record (Feb7) that this virus was airborne, even as he ridiculed wearing a mask and held indoor political rallies.

• Do you think it would have helped if Trump had ordered all Americans to lock themselves in their homes until ordered out? I think we all should be demanding the truth

from WHO and China on just how the hell the coronavirus actually started, Stupid me, that was also Trump's fault.

• I’m not saying that trump is responsible for the veracity of the WHO or China. Not at all. He is responsible only for what he, himself, did and didn’t do.

When he told Woodward on Feb 7 that this was a very deadly virus, “5 times as deadly as a flu,“ he was and is responsible for lying to the very people he pledged to keep safe, because for another 5-6 weeks he said that this was just a little flu, that our 15 cases would soon go down to zero, that it would be gone by April. Any responsible leader who knew in early February that this was “DEADLY” should have told his people that it WAS, shouldn’t he?

When he told Woodward on Feb 7 that it was airborne, why didn’t he tell US in February that it was airborne and we should be wearing masks? In May, why was he still discouraging using masks, and holding close-packed rallies?

daniel , last month you were concerned about catching this virus, and worried about people who, like your good friend, had died of it. I share your concerns, and, like you, am doing whatever the latest advice is, to stay well.

There’s a world of difference between ordering everyone “to lock themselves in their homes” and giving them the facts that would allow them to make responsible decisions about their own lives. Personally, had I known all this in February, I would never have gone to crowded Mardi Gras celebrations and parades in New Orleans, I would have stayed off of planes, I would have quit hugging and air-kissing everyone. And yes, I would have started wearing a mask in February instead of April. Wouldn’t you?

Now over 190,000 Americans have died from this virus that Mr. Trump knew 7 months ago, was deadly. Had he let us know, how many of our friends, relatives, and fellow Americans would still be alive?

• I’m not saying that trump is responsible for the veracity of the WHO or China. Not at all. He is responsible only for what he, himself, did and didn’t do

Rice ...I will admit that Trump has put his foot in his mouth a few times, I have my doubts that anyone fully knew of the dangers of covid-19, and some could care less, even now. Where I live

no one stayed home, very few business were shut down, and very few wore mask, and still do not. so I doubt a warning from Trump back in February or March, would have changed things

very little. Any virus is bad, and everyone should have been on guard, after the covid-19 pandemic was warned, I for one did not need Trump to tell me anything, the signs of something

bad was going to happen.

• Rice ...I will admit that Trump has put his foot in his mouth a few times, I have my doubts that anyone fully knew of the dangers of covid-19, and some could care less, even now. Where I live

no one stayed home, very few business were shut down, and very few wore mask, and still do not. so I doubt a warning from Trump back in February or March, would have changed things

very little. Any virus is bad, and everyone should have been on guard, after the covid-19 pandemic was warned, I for one did not need Trump to tell me anything, the signs of something

bad was going to happen.

You contradict yourself. You say no-one could know the dangers but then suggest you knew the signs it was going to be bad. Also, that first part doesn't make sense because it has been shown this week Trump did in fact know fully knew of the dangers. There were people highlighting the dangers of this virus in January, including our own dearly departed Jan, so yeah, some people fully knew the dangers.

And also, good for you that you didn't need Trump to warn you. Fair enough, but perhaps millions of people did. Either way, whether you needed him to warn you or not, him not doing so is a massive lapse in his duty.

• Actually, I also have an ethical problem with reporters who get a bombshell confession like that one, and sit on it until their book’s publication date. Woodward said he needed to follow Trump’s confession by following up with corroborating sources, something that takes time.

Isn’t it just too classic trump, to try to blame the person to whom he confessed, for what? Not saving him from himself and his own negligent homicide?

• Semigoodlooking ...Please, you are sounding like a lot of others in this country whom can't seem to think for themselves.

This doesn’t make sense. Are you suggesting information about COVID should only come from ones own thinking? Or let’s take a step further, does any information become moot if one has the ability to think for oneself? The idea that a leader of the country is not an important cog in relaying basic information (virus not bad, virus very bad) is a dumb concept. Where in the chain of information is the idea to think for oneself relevant?

If a doctor tells you that you have cancer do you just say “stop there doc, don’t give me any more information, I can take it from here by thinking for myself?” I guess not but instead you will ask the doctor for as much information on your condition as possible. That does not mean you stop applying your own critical reasoning.

Either way, you ignored your contradiction. You said you believe nobody knew how bad it would be but later say you didn’t need any additional information from trump because the signs were there. Which is it?