Final figures of bribes

There are 15 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,551 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• As a results from the declaration of an important businessman, Mr. Wagner, Member of the Argentine Chamber of Construction companies, it is now apparent the final numbers of the bribes collected by the Kirchner's gang.

The rationale is this:

During 12 years, 4380 days, the public expenditure in buildings and other construction works was 110.000.000.000.- U$S-

Bribes were paid when the wark was commissioned, that is at the beginning, but without considering the Value aggregat Tax (VAT for you, IVA for us). Then the total amount was a bit less, 90.909.090,91 U$S.

If the bribes were about 10 % to 20 %, we could assume an average of 15 %.

That means 13.636.363,64 U$S. If we divide by 4380 days where this agreement endured, that means that every day (including Saturdays and Sundays, end means that every day the Kirchner's gang collected 3,113 Millions of dollars PER DAY

Do you realize how much good things could be made in a country that have 30 % of poor people?
    • Official Post

And that monstrous figure of US$13 billion (read that twice!) doesn't even cover what was stolen by them in the Lazaro Baez scheme and the other ministries.

Frankly, it's astounding.

• And that monstrous figure of US$13 billion (read that twice!) doesn't even cover what was stolen by them in the Lazaro Baez scheme and the other ministries.

Frankly, it's astounding.

Yes, there are other briberies to investigate. No wonder that they have so much money to spend in riots and other uprisings, to destroy the current President.

• Official Post

The more we find out and the more that comes to light in this country, it's clear that corruption is endemic. Even worse is that it's been tolerated by successive administrations, particularly the Kirchners. Encouraged by them in fact and the sight of that woman Fernandez de Kirchner smiling as she arrived at and left the court this morning, is sickening.

In Villa Río Bermejito, Chaco the mayor Lorenzo Heffner was discovered with 3 million pesos and his ex secretary José Hippendiger, with over 30 luxury cars at his house. Both are now being investigated for money laundering.

It's also worth pointing out that Chaco is one of the poorest provinces in the country and the current mayor of Resistencia is non other than Jorge Milton Capitanich, ex cabinet chief and giver of pseudo press conferences and ripper up of Clarin newspapers. He's also under a criminal investigation.

• When people asks me if I have an inferiority complex about my country, yes, I have it. And this tolleration to corruption makes me very uncomfortable. People here brings respect to some obnoxious people with no manners, no tradition, no honesty, no morals at all, only because they got very quickly an unusual fortune. They see the Audi 2000 or the Mercedes, and this is the token of prestige.

The most blatant cases of corruption are inside the small towns of the provinces, where these "new richs" are surrounded by the most ugly misery and poverty.

• When people asks me if I have an inferiority complex about my country, yes, I have it. And this tolleration to corruption makes me very uncomfortable. People here brings respect to some obnoxious people with no manners, no tradition, no honesty, no morals at all, only because they got very quickly an unusual fortune. They see the Audi 2000 or the Mercedes, and this is the token of prestige.

Gosh, Carlos, when I read the first three sentences above, I thought the country being referred to was the USA in this year of shame. But then, when I read that these bribed people were satisfied with an expensive car, I knew it must be Argentina. Corrupt people in the USA in 2018 would never settle for such a pittance when feeding at the public trough.

• My wife used to tell me stories about how things run here. To be honest most of it went in one ear and out the other as I just couldn't believe such things could go on.

Years on having lived here I now of course know she wasn't exaggerating. We'll see what comes out of this...I won't be holding my breath.

• I'm torn between the impression of Macri and gang sorting out the mess that was left behind by the Ks, not to mention an almost empty central bank reserve, and a certain amount of incompetence and bad market luck on their part.

This certain amount of incomptence perhaps comes from his high appreciation of being a "Cardinal Newman fellow" which thinks that the things were much easier than the real ones.

Of course, I agree that the inheritance of the 12 years of K government would be difficult even for a very well trained statesman.

• So this would be a rich country if it wasn't for its politicians? In other words, the amount of money routinely stolen could have changed things for the better or would have made no real difference, country-wise?

It should be. I believe it was once in the top 5 of the richest countries in the world until it all went pear shaped.

I put it down to the 'live for the day' attitude that prevails here.

• The illness began with Peron, from 1946 onwards.

He installed the destruction of the work ethics, the use of public money to sustain his party, he also fueled resentment inside the social classes. Many others poiticians came after his death, but the last ones clearly surpassed Peron in his wicked approach of Politics.

The fact that the Peronist at the Senate refused to discuss the law which would withdraw the inmunity to CFK shows that they still defend her, and all her utterly dishonest manage of the public money.

On the other part, I see weakness among the "Cambiemos" party. Two senators did not came to the Senate, and they could not create the quorum. Unbelievabe their lack of strenght , knowing that they have to fight with a bunch of thieves.